Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which brand for 10/22 trigger upgrade?

Options
  • 26-03-2019 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Need a good trigger for my 10/22, using it for gallery comp mostly.

What would you guys recommend? Kidd? Volquartsen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Scalachi

If Budget is no problem, then a Kidd Single stage full trigger unit, you can also but the drop in Kidd Trigger unit that fits your Ruger housing, its about half the price of the full kit, with VERY little noticeable difference, (I have both) I have had the VQ as well - priced between the drop in and the full Kidd - again a good trigger, I had one a few years ago, my personal preference now is the Kidd Single stage.

If budget is an issue, you can buy the kits that replace some springs etc and do also make a noticeable difference for very little money..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭rugerfanatic

I have Kidd trigger kit in my 10/22 a few years now. Find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

I picked up a ruger bx trigger and couldn't be happier. I have also fired volquartsen, and find the bx breaks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I've a Kidd two stage trigger on my Ruger. It was nearly the price of the gun but it's a top notch trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I’ve Kidd two stage in my mine. I tried the Ruger bx but didn’t think it had the same quality feel as the kidd.
    If it’s mainly for gallery most people say the single stage is the way to go .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

My budget would be around 150e so for the trigger kits. So there isn't a huge difference between them and the full trigger unit and housing? Seems like Kidd gets the most praise, might go with Kidd then.

I've used both single stage and two stage triggers, two stage would by my preference but would that be bad for gallery?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Is the Kidd trigger kit still for sale in the for sale adds here, if so buy it. I use one myself and believe single stage is the way to go for gallery shooting. 2 stage for bench shooting where you have time to appreciate the first and second stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

Alright I'm sold then so, I think it is still for sale :D

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

My Gallery 10/22 rifle came with the KIDD 2 stage trigger in when I bought it many years ago.
    I swopped it out for the single stage and found it far better for the competitions.
    IMO save up a little more dosh and get the full KIDD trigger

Advertisement