Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor herb garden

Options
  • 26-03-2019 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi, I live in an apartment in DUblin with no garden or balcony and I'm interested in growing an indoor herb garden. I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for garden centres or sites for being the plants and equipment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

There is a little garden shop on Mary Street that might suit you called Mr Middleton. Close to bus and luas lines if you're only grabbing something small

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭loco-colo

I have used the pots from Lidl and Supervalu - Instant herb garden which you can keep going for quite some time by looking after them - less than 2 euro each - I put them on inside windowsill - have Parsley - Rosemary - Thyme - Basil - Chives - Mint - and something else ...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭loco-colo

I do re-pot them into bigger pots as they need a bit more space and compost than the pots that you buy them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Lidl and Aldi sell the live plants for around €2 each, can't go wrong. They're constantly in stock so don't worry about missing an offer.

Just get yourself 2 or 3 and put them in a window box. Lidl / Aldi usually sell the compost too for €1.50.

Mint for water, chives for cooking & whatever else tickles your fancy.

Advertisement