Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reload firmware onto braindead Lumix GH1

Options
  • 26-03-2019 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

A few years ago, my Lumix GH1 suffered unfortunate event (long story) - the end result is that the firmware no longer exists on the camera (or is possibly corrupt). The camera is essentially dumb. When you switch it on, all you get is some clicking sounds.

Does anyone know if the camera can be restored to factory condition and if so, is it a case that it has to go to a main dealer (I bought in in Conn's Cameras in Dublin)? Also, any idea what sort of cost would be involved?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Botched upgrade?

I can't see any posts from users who have debricked one except going to Panasonic who probably just did a board swap. For a 2009 camera this is unlikely to make economic sense anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭highdef

ED E wrote: »
    Botched upgrade?

I can't see any posts from users who have debricked one except going to Panasonic who probably just did a board swap. For a 2009 camera this is unlikely to make economic sense anymore.

I was thinking along those lines, regarding the economy of repair. Might go looking for a second hand model, sure might as well get a newer model. Have a few lenses already and the cameras are nice and compact so would make a bit of sense to get something of the same type. Thanks for your help.

Not a botched upgrade, was already upgraded. Another user was using the camera. I foolishly had the firmware upgrade saved on the SD card. The other user went to use the camera. Camera said "Firmware upgrade" available. Instead of saying No, user said yes. User got bored after a few seconds and pulled out the battery to stop the upgrade......gulp!!!

Advertisement