Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol grip stocks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Only on shotguns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Witcher wrote: »
    Only on shotguns

So no notification required if I want to fit that stock ? Thanks again...
    Sorry, forgot to add it's for a rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

If your super takes the opinion it resembles an assault rifle you'll need a restricted license.

In this case it's unlikely but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If your super takes the opinion it resembles an assault rifle you'll need a restricted license.

In this case, it's unlikely but you never know.

Would have to be a semi-auto/full auto capability first off to have that qualification of "assault rifle"

We have "modern sporting rifles" here in Ireland.;):)

2] It has been established enough times here in DC court cases that looks do not regulate form or function. I refer, yet again, to the "Waterford tractor" case in 1983[?]. That judgement stated that while we might all know what a "tractor" might look like, there is no definition in law as to what one is or must have in features or function. This I believe was a HC case so it set precedent. Ergo, unless an assault rifle or an assault rifle lookalike is defined under the Irish firearms law as having XYZ features or functionality. It is a non-starter.So feel free to put whatever stock you fancy on your RIFLE and enjoy.

Even the shotgun "prominent pistol grip" is very questionable, but that's another day work.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Would have to be a semi-auto/full auto capability first off to have that qualification of "assault rifle"

We have "modern sporting rifles" here in Ireland.;):)

2] It has been established enough times here in DC court cases that looks do not regulate form or function. I refer, yet again, to the "Waterford tractor" case in 1983[?]. That judgement stated that while we might all know what a "tractor" might look like, there is no definition in law as to what one is or must have in features or function. This I believe was a HC case so it set precedent. Ergo, unless an assault rifle or an assault rifle lookalike is defined under the Irish firearms law as having XYZ features or functionality. It is a non-starter.So feel free to put whatever stock you fancy on your RIFLE and enjoy.

Even the shotgun "prominent pistol grip" is very questionable, but that's another day work.

Cheers Grizzly, that's that cleared up for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement