Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to go to pre-pay but not receiving texts on my phone

Options
  • 25-03-2019 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello,

I recently cancelled my mobile bill pay contract with Eir and opted to go back onto pre pay with Eir instead.  The Eir agent I spoke to said I'd have to put credit on the phone and take out a mobile plan.

I have the credit purchased but am not getting any reply to the texts I'm sending to avail of the pre pay offer which I want to take out.  I was advised not to put the credit on the phone until I received a text asking me to top up by the required amount.

I won't put the credit on until I'm advised to incase it just gets used up on a per call basis.

I've had numerous problems in the past getting texts from Eir, it was fine with Meteor but now I never receive texts from Eir.  First I was told it was a technical issue, then I was told to update my SIM card which I did but to no avail.

Please can you help me with this, I want to go back to pre pay as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

fleabag wrote: »
    Hello,

I recently cancelled my mobile bill pay contract with Eir and opted to go back onto pre pay with Eir instead.  The Eir agent I spoke to said I'd have to put credit on the phone and take out a mobile plan.

I have the credit purchased but am not getting any reply to the texts I'm sending to avail of the pre pay offer which I want to take out.  I was advised not to put the credit on the phone until I received a text asking me to top up by the required amount.

I won't put the credit on until I'm advised to incase it just gets used up on a per call basis.

I've had numerous problems in the past getting texts from Eir, it was fine with Meteor but now I never receive texts from Eir.  First I was told it was a technical issue, then I was told to update my SIM card which I did but to no avail.

Please can you help me with this, I want to go back to pre pay as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Hi fleabag

You would have to call 1905 in order to get help with this issue.

Kind regards

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you.
    Hi fleabag

Kind regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks for that.  I would love to call 1905 but I've tried that on numerous occasions and nobody answers the phone there.  I get a message that the waiting time is 30 minutes or 20 minutes but I'm either cut off or I wait that length and more and still nobody answers.  I've already spoken to Eir representatives about not receiving texts, via phone and webchat, in the past and got no help.  I just want to get the credit on my phone and get the plan activated.  Is that something you can help me with without having to wait for text messages that never arrive?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you.
    Hi fleabag

Kind regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks for that.  I would love to call 1905 but I've tried that on numerous occasions and nobody answers the phone there.  I get a message that the waiting time is 30 minutes or 20 minutes but I'm either cut off or I wait that length and more and still nobody answers.  I've already spoken to Eir representatives about not receiving texts, via phone and webchat, in the past and got no help.  I just want to get the credit on my phone and get the plan activated.  Is that something you can help me with without having to wait for text messages that never arrive?

Thanks.
    Hi fleabag

Can you pm me the following information please?

Name
    Account Number
    Mobile number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi

Hello,

Thank you.
    Hi fleabag

Kind regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks.
    Hi fleabag

Name
    Account Number
    Mobile number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi

Hello,

Thank you.
    Hi fleabag

Kind regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks.
    Hi fleabag

Name
    Account Number
    Mobile number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thank you - I've PM'ed you with that information.

• Advertisement

Hello,

Thank you.
    Hi fleabag

Kind regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks.
    Hi fleabag

Name
    Account Number
    Mobile number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Hi fleabag

I don't seem to have the pm, Could you send it on again for me please?

Thanks 

Linzi

Hello,

Thank you.
    Hi fleabag

Kind regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks.
    Hi fleabag

Name
    Account Number
    Mobile number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Hi fleabag

Thanks 

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

I've just resent that info.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you.
    Hi fleabag

Kind regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks.
    Hi fleabag

Name
    Account Number
    Mobile number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Hi fleabag

Thanks 

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

I've just resent that info.

Thanks.
    Thank you, received and replied. 

Linzi

Advertisement