Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could my putter alignment be off?

Options
  • 24-03-2019 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Odyssey white hot 2 ball. I like it. Do find at times that I push a lot of putts. Just practising here with it and when I square it up against a ball it does appear not to be square.
    It's old enough now, maybe best part of 10 years. I'm sure it has taken a fair few knocks over the years.
    Could I be imagining things, or do putters go off centre ?

Maybe it's time to treat myself to a new one.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Seve OB wrote: »
    I have an Odyssey white hot 2 ball. I like it. Do find at times that I push a lot of putts. Just practising here with it and when I square it up against a ball it does appear not to be square.
    It's old enough now, maybe best part of 10 years. I'm sure it has taken a fair few knocks over the years.
    Could I be imagining things, or do putters go off centre ?

Maybe it's time to treat myself to a new one.......

Has the grip turned slightly or has the shaft come loose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Has the grip turned slightly or has the shaft come loose ?

Could be the grip alright but I don't think so. It more feels like the shaft is pointing slightly crooked. It's not loose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

You could always bring it to proshop and have shaft taken out and refitted with new grip,cheaper than new putter of that make

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

You often see players leaning on their putters as they pick the ball out of the hole. I often wonder what effect this has on alignment over the years when that is done hundreds of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

The 2 Ball is a cracking putter still made and widely used on the pro circuit.. I would say have an experienced pro look at it. They can usually tell straight away. If ok put a new grip on it which can make it feel like new. As a matter of interest I put a Superstroke 3.0 grip on one and found it worked well for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Balance your putter parallel to the ground on one finger, if your putter is balanced then the face of the putter should be exactly parallel to the ground i.e. facing dead straight up.
    Grip movement is unlikely but a possibility

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Well if you think it's off then it may as well be off. You won't have any confidence in it so you may as well change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well if you think it's off then it may as well be off. You won't have any confidence in it so you may as well change it.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

Of course it is off.... there is no other obvious reason

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

The head of my putt broke off and I bought one of those putters a couple of years ago, as thought it would help line up my putts better. However after three months I sold it back to the shop at a substatial loss and bought a different putter. The reason being - I found that I was now trying to line up "3" balls instead of one and I was completely bamboozled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement