Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOW TV Smart Stick With Multi Pass in Argos €24.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    NOW TV Smart Stick With Multi Pass

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8109099/Trail/searchtext%3EFire+stick.htm

They have other options for €19.99 with different pass options, seems like a decent buy but I’m not an expert on the stick as I’m a shield user so no need for them but they can be loaded with other apps too not just now tv

These are extremely well locked down, getting apks sideloaded onto them is pretty hard from my understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty good deal, if nothing else you get some solid entertaiment out of it, and the box itself supports YouTube/Netflix/other common apps. It's not something you'd buy expecting it to do what an android box does though, it's more aimed at casual consumers.

The entertainment pass isn't just a pass for boxsets/movies Netflix style, it also gives you access to some Live TV channels too. So basically it's Sky lite + boxsets and access to other apps like YouTube etc, and you can get a Now TV stick with a 2 month entertainment pass for €20.

It's a great deal if you have need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭shovel

I wonder,would it be a good option to get for your holiday here or abroad.
    Could you use the hotel WiFi to connect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

shovel wrote: »

Once you have it set up you can just view it on your phone via the internet. Don't need the stick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

shovel wrote: »

Yes it will work fine. Then the whole family can look at something rather than one person on their phone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Tesco has a Now TV stick with a months sky sports for €25 - just switch off the auto renewal of you don't want it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

How many simultaneous screens does a Now TV sub allow typically?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

leex wrote: »
    How many simultaneous screens does a Now TV sub allow typically?

Can have 4 devices registered, and 2 can be viewed at the one time.

Can deregistering a device once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Niska wrote: »
    Can have 4 devices registered, and 2 can be viewed at the one time.

Can deregistering a device once a month.

Guessing a phone to chromecast arrangement will use 2 registered device slots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Tesco has a Now TV stick with a months sky sports for €25 - just switch off the auto renewal of you don't want it after that.

Picked one up last night in Longford Tesco €22.49 1 month of Entertainment / Kids / Cinema and a 1 week Sky Sports Pass.
    Careful of boxes without the security tag system wrapped around of which there were loads as noticed quite a few had the seals broken presumably to rob the vouchers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Correct.

Actually I'm pretty sure from my use of the Now service over Christmas that this is not the case. As long as you cast before you play then it's one slot. However if you play at any time on the phone then the phone uses a slot.

ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

This is blocked for some reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes
    AdrianII wrote: »
    This is blocked for some reason.

Now tv allows screen sharing from iOS/Android without issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I had Now TV last year for GoT but can’t remember, does the Catch Up TV function include ads or do they leave them out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I had Now TV last year for GoT but can’t remember, does the Catch Up TV function include ads or do they leave them out?

They don't have 'catch-up' as such on NowTv, but no they don't have ads on the boxsets. You will see ads on the live channels.

Advertisement