Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef

Options
  • 24-03-2019 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

My family eats allot of beef, cheap cuts of steak mostly. I know you can buy pork chops directly from factory very cheap when compared to supermarket if bought by boxes, but I am failing find same for beef.
    What is cheapest way buying lots of beef cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tesco and SuprValue etc have meat at half price every couple of months. Buy a good few pieces when its down in price and throw it in the freezer. Thats what I do anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In my tesco the butchers sell off all the meat every day about 5pm. I am rarely there at that time but it seems to be ongoing, when the counter is closing up. I have seen the same people a lot of the time who look like they are regulars to it, one lad telling me he goes strictly for fillet steaks.

It is always half price in mine, and as said above you could pick up loads and freeze. This is not like the 1 or 2 packs I might find being sold off in the "reduced fridge" section, which usually only has prepackaged stuff usually found in the fridges, often with little reduction. There is often kilos of steaks going for half price, and there may already be a general reduction on them too.

Advertisement