Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On site Afterschool V a crèche providing Afterschool

Options
  • 23-03-2019 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Just wondering what people’s opinions are on sending your child to an AfterSchool attached to the school or keeping them in their crèche that also provides Afterschool.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Hi All,
    Just wondering what people’s opinions are on sending your child to an AfterSchool attached to the school or keeping them in their crèche that also provides Afterschool.

No one answer , I’d imagine , it would depend on how good each service was .
    That said , children might prefer to be off the school site when school is over .

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

No one answer , I’d imagine , it would depend on how good each service was .
    That said , children might prefer to be off the school site when school is over .

Thanks, the one on-site appears far superior. A lot more outside play. No hot meal in the afternoon though which the other one provides. The cost is around the same so there is no real difference financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

depends on you and your child really. Is your child attending the creche that does the after school currently? Where do their friends go? Also what suits you as the parent in terms of travel & location. Apart from outside play what else makes the school one far superior?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

neris wrote: »
    depends on you and your child really. Is your child attending the creche that does the after school currently? Where do their friends go? Also what suits you as the parent in terms of travel & location. Apart from outside play what else makes the school one far superior?

She is in the crèche currently. I’m thinking a change might suit her. Only one friend will be still there. They are all going to different schools. We live in a very built up area so lots of kids in different catchments. The location of the school is excellent so the Afterschool is too. The crèche is also very convenient though. I’m just wondering if anyone has/ has not made this kind of switch and regretted it.

Advertisement