Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webmail configuration

Options
  • 23-03-2019 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

I have a website with cpanel and webmail.

I can open horde or roundcube and see the mail.

I configured my gmail email client to send and receive from the client. all was good for a while. I then went to add a second person as admin, configured the same way but some time later we started to miss emails. It was wasnt coming into either client, I hadnt checked actual webmail in some time, logged in and years of mail was deleted, a couple of spam mails were left.

My host says I must have configured a pop3 client somewhere and to remove from server after receipt, but I certainly didnt as the secod email cliet was gmail as well and that used the imap settings. So, I cant get mails back for a start.

2 questions
    1. How can I set up mail on 2 gmail clients and ensure emails dont delete from server
    2. How can I set it up so a sent email from one client can be seen on another?

Advertisement