Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys - Xbox One S & X Deals

Options
  • 23-03-2019 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭

I bought an Xbox One X 1TB PUBG in Currys limerick today for €279.97 (last one though) - presume that's a good deal because it was an impulse buy...

They weren't on the shelf, but there were deals on the price cards for Xbox One S too - don't know if there was any stock :

Xbox One S 1TB + 2 controllers - €155.97
    Xbox One S 1TB Fortnite - €155.97

these may be store specific but worth checking in-store

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Not on the website so must be in store only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Has anyone tried a different store? Thinking of changing my old One X to renew the warranty.

ablelocks wrote: »
    I bought an Xbox One X 1TB PUBG in Currys limerick today for €279.97 (last one though) - presume that's a good deal because it was an impulse buy...

They weren't on the shelf, but there were deals on the price cards for Xbox One S too - don't know if there was any stock :

Has anyone tried a different store? Thinking of changing my old One X to renew the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

So you have the choice of 2 controllers or a game that you can get for free? Any parents that might be buying this that is out of the loop, go for the 2 controllers. Fortnite can be downloaded for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Doff wrote: »
    So you have the choice of 2 controllers or a game that you can get for free? Any parents that might be buying this that is out of the loop, go for the 2 controllers. Fortnite can be downloaded for free.

I thought only battle royal was free. Player vs computer is a different fortnite part.. no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

dan786 wrote: »

Is this a thing??? Can you not extend the warranty without having to buy a whole new console?

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Is this a thing??? Can you not extend the warranty without having to buy a whole new console?

One I have is 3 years old. Microsoft warranty is expired. I could easily sell it for 260-270 on Adverts. So paying extra 10-20 for a brand new console with 2 year warranty again from Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Just got the Xbox One X for €279 in Liffey Valley Currys. Last one. Bargain. There were a few Xbox One S units, one was the Minecraft pack for around 150. I guess they are just getting rid of the old bundles.

X is good deal. S not so much. Have seen S go for around 150 mark several times before but X cheapest I have come across before this is 349

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

One I have is 3 years old. Microsoft warranty is expired. I could easily sell it for 260-270 on Adverts. So paying extra 10-20 for a brand new console with 2 year warranty again from Microsoft.

Is the Xbox One X not only out about 18 months?

Or am I miles off?

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is the Xbox One X not only out about 18 months?

Or am I miles off?

Your right. I was thinking of the S I have. But still getting a new one for extra 10-20 is a great deal.

Staff said they bought the few they had in Naas. Ah well. Not going to bother with another store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Your right. I was thinking of the S I have. But still getting a new one for extra 10-20 is a great deal.

Who is going to pay 260-270eur for an xbox one s second hand?. I got a new one last year for 120eur.

Kolido wrote: »
    Who is going to pay 260-270eur for an xbox one s second hand?. I got a new one last year for 120eur.

I said I will sell X for that. I have X and S. See comments previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

No X's in dundalk, they did have a sticker for the S but didnt see stock. They dont seem to stock much of the consoles anyway. Might save someone the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just got the last One X in Dundalk, they still have a few One S bundles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

lankz92 wrote: »
    No X's in dundalk, they did have a sticker for the S but didnt see stock. They dont seem to stock much of the consoles anyway. Might save someone the trip.
    hellboy99 wrote: »
    Just got the last One X in Dundalk, they still have a few One S bundles

that's a bit odd? they got stock in Monday morning at the clearance price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Maybe they are drip feeding them out and only have one of each bundle on display at any time? Maybe to protect sales of higher priced current bundles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

The 97 cent at the end is a end of line code that a lot of retailers use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

that's a bit odd? they got stock in Monday morning at the clearance price?
    I asked did they have one at €280 and it was out the back. Some of the staff didn't even know about the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Dammit, i should of asked, seen no sign of a sticker for the X so assumed they had none. Probly for the best, barely use the S as it is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Great price

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

Was in Curry's Sligo. They had a few Xbox in the clearance section so I thought I hit jackpot. €280 Xbox 1s with battlefield V. Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Must have a look over here. I have an X already but I'd pay that for the 2 Controller S bundle, feckin' things are £50 a piece normally and the console can be used to smartify the old telly in the attic.

Was in Curry's Sligo. They had a few Xbox in the clearance section so I thought I hit jackpot. €280 Xbox 1s with battlefield V. Pass

Thats not a good deal. One S for 280. The more than was it generally is. £189 from many sellers in UK and has been around 199 here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

Thats not a good deal. One S for 280. The more than was it generally is. £189 from many sellers in UK and has been around 199 here as well.

Exactly that is what the "pass" comment meant 😊 220 on Amazon for the same thing I think.

Advertisement