Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next 50% sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,850 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Alot of stuff seem to be sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Headshot wrote: »
    Alot of stuff seem to be sold out

I got the email and checked straight away lots sold out. They should have an option to exclude items that are sold out in particular sizes/fit Lots of other retailers have this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Allowed me to select 3 items in my size.
    All sold out.
    Tossers....as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Yep, unless you're a small or XXXL you're not going to see much benefit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Managed to pick up some jeans down to 13.50 from €50 and a couple of shirts. Most sizes available at the time. Most t-shirts seemed to be oos though. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Awful website.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

I can't find a way to filter by size, am I missing something or is it not available?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Italix wrote: »
    I can't find a way to filter by size, am I missing something or is it not available?

Not available as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Did sale start in store today too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Hi folks,

I work for Next and in store it usually takes our stock computer 24 hours to update. Probably the same online. It's an awful system and has led to a few irate customers when we explain theres none of a certain item in stock, despite the number on the till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The UK sale is on also. Slightly better website

https://www.next.co.uk/sale/search?w=*&af=gender:men

Anyone know if sale is instore too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Elemonator wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I work for Next and in store it usually takes our stock computer 24 hours to update. Probably the same online. It's an awful system and has led to a few irate customers when we explain theres none of a certain item in stock, despite the number on the till.

Ask the next person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

leck wrote: »
    Anyone know if sale is instore too?

Yes. Not a lot there though.

T-Bird wrote: »
    Yes, went on a reccy today - not much of the sales items left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

It astonishes me this company is still in business. When you place an order with them the only record you get for it is an email. There is no way to see you order online. The email doesn't have an order reference or a customer ref. The email also, crucially, doesn't say what delivery method you chose, and if you chose in-store delivery it doesn't say which store!

I had a vague recollection from the last time I ordered with Next that they also don't send you an email when the item arrives in store so I went to review the order and see it is saying that expected delivery date is April 6th!

I rang the Dublin number included in the email and spoke to two different reps, neither of whom where able to tell what store I had asked for the delivery to be sent to. They said that as the order hadn't been picked yet they couldn't tell where it was going and could I ring back nearer the 6th of April.

Just amazing they are still going...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

T-Bird wrote: »

Find the Next sale one of the biggest con jobs going. Unless I suppose you bother going in at all hours the first day there’s feck all left (menswear at least) with a miserable rail of crap you’d never be caught dead in or else extreme sizes.
    They’re very selective in what they put in the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Do they ever do sale on homewear? Looking at lights in there last week for kitchen and wondering if there's any discount to be got

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Phibsboro wrote: »
    It astonishes me this company is still in business. When you place an order with them the only record you get for it is an email. There is no way to see you order online. The email doesn't have an order reference or a customer ref. The email also, crucially, doesn't say what delivery method you chose, and if you chose in-store delivery it doesn't say which store!

I had a vague recollection from the last time I ordered with Next that they also don't send you an email when the item arrives in store so I went to review the order and see it is saying that expected delivery date is April 6th!

I rang the Dublin number included in the email and spoke to two different reps, neither of whom where able to tell what store I had asked for the delivery to be sent to. They said that as the order hadn't been picked yet they couldn't tell where it was going and could I ring back nearer the 6th of April.

Just amazing they are still going...

I received a text and email to say my item arrived in store and which one so they seem to have fixed that part at least. It is an improvement over a few years ago when most of their products didn't appear on the Irish site and none of the sale stuff was available unless using parcel motel with the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they sent me the wrong items

and i have to pay for the returns myself :mad:

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    they sent me the wrong items

and i have to pay for the returns myself :mad:

Use PayPal.

^^^^^^^^^

return through paypal? can i do that?

^^^^^^^^^

return through paypal? can i do that?

Yeah. Get a receipt with the return address and upload it.
    Click on the purchase on your PayPal account, there's an option for return purchase refund.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

you learn something new everyday

*anyway too late for me i sent them back this morning:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^^^^^^^^^^^

you learn something new everyday

*anyway too late for me i sent them back this morning:(

You can return them in Next shops as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

road_high wrote: »
    Find the Next sale one of the biggest con jobs going. Unless I suppose you bother going in at all hours the first day there’s feck all left (menswear at least) with a miserable rail of crap you’d never be caught dead in or else extreme sizes.
    They’re very selective in what they put in the sale.

They are a retail bricks and mortar store. Don’t know why people expect the website would have precedent.

I was in Liffey valley last weekend just as this sale started by chance and popped in. Loads of stuff plenty of sizes.

So yeah obviously people who go in early get the good stuff, kinda how sales work .....

Generally I’m not too fussed on the winter clearance stuff. Picked up a few bits mind you all half price.

Their last sale I got two lovely three piece suits and shoes. And that was through the website.

Next sales are popular and it’s generally a well known thing to hit the site early on sale morning or go into stores early.

Advertisement