Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Aritech Alarm Battery be causing circuit breaker to trip?.

Options
  • 21-03-2019 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

So my MCB started tripping intermittently and now will not stay on.
    From what i can see, that particular MCB has on it my house alarm, my electric gates and driveway lights.

Before this happened I noticed that my (Aritech) Alarm key panel was reading Battery Low Power. I didn't do anything about it as we don't really use the alarm much.

So i thought main suspect was probably the Gate motors as it had been raining and water tends to gather in the motor case well in the ground.
    As it's quite a big job to start messing with the gates, i thought the dead/expired battery in the alarm may be causing the MCB to trip.
    Does this sound plausible? Has anyone seen it before?
    When i get a chance i plan to remove the fuse in the dedicated spur to the alarm to isolate it from the MCB. I'm hoping that will answer my question.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unlikely unless there is an issue with the power supply.
    Your best bet is to isolate each device one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Much, much more likely to the stuff outside.

Advertisement