Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee - Ireland - Free delivery

Options
  • 21-03-2019 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm looking to try out new coffees.
    I'm aware that 3Fe have free delivery and I've used them.
    Also Bailies have free delivery on orders over £10 (which is ~two bags).
    Are there any other similarly cheap delivery deals for Ireland?
    TIA
    Bot

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I would use Badger and Dodo a good bit. Free deliveries over €50

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Bot1

I would use Badger and Dodo a good bit. Free deliveries over €50

Over €50 though!

The coffee is solely for my own personal consumption so I'm not going to order €50 worth of coffee at a time.

I'm looking for 1/2 bags max every couple of weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Coffee Mojo delivery is around €3.70 for 2 bags, free for orders over €40.

Good coffee too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

West Cork Coffee do free shipping to Ireland on their coffees. Quality selection.

Bot1 wrote: »
    Over €50 though!

The coffee is solely for my own personal consumption so I'm not going to order €50 worth of coffee at a time.

Ah ok. My consumption is a little higher so it works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Bot1

Ah ok. My consumption is a little higher so it works for me.

Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Bot1 wrote: »
    Over €50 though!

Others in here could split order and make it up to the free delivery mark. But all depends on location I suppose.

It’s been done before I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I've recently started freezing coffee.

Saw the idea on other coffee forums.

I haven't noticed any huge deterioration in quality between the fresh, and frozen bags.

This way I get to order 1-2kg at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Wearandtear

J_E wrote: »
    West Cork Coffee do free shipping to Ireland on their coffees. Quality selection.
    Just had my first delivery from them this week. Very tasty! Organic option too, which I was finding tough to track down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Roasted Brown are one of my favourite roasters and they don't charge for delivery. They tend to have a smaller selection than some of the other roasters but really high standards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

G rock wrote: »
    I've recently started freezing coffee.

Saw the idea on other coffee forums.

I haven't noticed any huge deterioration in quality between the fresh, and frozen bags.

This way I get to order 1-2kg at a time.

Nooooo :eek:

Freezing whole bean coffee is fine and works well. Once it's not in and out of the freezer or refrozen as moisture gets introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Honestly, I thought the same about freezing.

But I have read around about other people's experiences, and thought I'd try it out. And as Mr magnolia says, it seems the moisture issue is the thing to look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

donnacha wrote: »
    Roasted Brown are one of my favourite roasters and they don't charge for delivery. They tend to have a smaller selection than some of the other roasters but really high standards.

Good coffee , but It’s pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Am thinking about a subscription to 3FE. Anyone know what courier they use? Last thing I want is to have to drive out to some god awful depot each week to collect my coffee. An post deliveries not too bad as their collection area is close to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Am thinking about a subscription to 3FE. Anyone know what courier they use? Last thing I want is to have to drive out to some god awful depot each week to collect my coffee. An post deliveries not too bad as their collection area is close to me.

My 3fe subscription is delivered to my home by DPD.

Advertisement