Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Canada/Vancouver for October

Options
  • 21-03-2019 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some help on what airlines etc offer best deals or direct flights to Vancouver?

It is a short stay hoping to fly over on october 14 back on october 16/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Only direct flight to Vancouver is with Air Canada Rogue, it's only seasonal so may not run that late in the year and it only operates 3 days a week. Other options are through Heathrow or Toronto. Westjet have a direct Dublin-Calgary flight as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Westjet have a direct Dublin-Calgary flight as well.
    Warning; a non-stop Westjet flight usually has a stop :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

the_syco wrote: »
    Warning; a non-stop Westjet flight usually has a stop :mad:

The Dublin-Calgary route will be operated by Dreamliner (787) and will be non-stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Dublin-Calgary route will be operated by Dreamliner (787) and will be non-stop.
    Cool. I went on two "non-stop flights" with Westjet; from Dublin to Toronto in 2016, and Toronto to Dublin in 2018. Both stopped at St Johns in Newfoundland, and on the Dublin to Toronto flight I barely got back on the plane after immigration after the stop-over on the non-stop flight; the couple after me in immigration probably had to take the next flight, as they didn't get onto the plane I was on.

It'd be great if they actually did non-stop, but if the OP has to do any immigration (for example; activating their PR card), I'd be wary of WestJet. As much I liked their planes, staff, and experience, if I ever take a direct flight to Toronto again, it won't be with WestJet!

Advertisement