Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahinch promenade

Options
  • 19-03-2019 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Does anyone know what's going on at the prominade in Lahinch.
    They're building something like a jetty, and I heard a few surfer's had trouble getting back in and had difficulty with the backwash and a new rip is developing.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's just extra coastal erosion protection I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where the new rip?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Tacklebox wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's going on at the prominade in Lahinch.
    They're building something like a jetty, and I heard a few surfer's had trouble getting back in and had difficulty with the backwash and a new rip is developing.

really:confused:

any complaints from the surfing clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

fryup wrote: »
    really:confused:

any complaints from the surfing clubs?

I'm sure there will be, they're scooping up the reef today, so obviously that won't go down to well with environmentalists and surfer's.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Where the new rip?

You'll have to find out for yourself, but it's stopping people paddling to the first step of steps around high tide.

I had to paddle around to Cornish to get out last week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement