Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise van rental much cheaper through IKEA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Just booking a van for moving house - less than half the price when booking with the IKEA Family Promo Code. Large van for 1 day including excess cover dropped from €175 to €73. Might be of use to someone else.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/customer-service/services-at-ikea/van-rental/

Even cheaper at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Good deal, but you’d never be able to put a van together.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Good deal. Works even in the location I want without ever having to do anything with IKEA, just being an Affinity member is enough to get a booking. 32% cheaper than booking directly with Enterprise when I used dates in May. Moving house soon so this knowledge comes in handy.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭normanbond

Do I need to have an IKEA card or number to get this deal? or do I have to sign up for affinity card?
    Just made a booking with payment required at pickup. Hope they aren’t looking for validation number at the counter ....
    Seems a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Berty wrote: »
    Good deal. Works even in the location I want without ever having to do anything with IKEA, just being an Affinity member is enough to get a booking. 32% cheaper than booking directly with Enterprise when I used dates in May. Moving house soon so this knowledge comes in handy.

Thanks OP

forgive the ignorance.. whats Affinity?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

vidapura wrote: »
    forgive the ignorance.. whats Affinity?

Thanks

When you go to Enterprise following the link Enterprise themselves call it an Affinity deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

normanbond wrote: »
    Do I need to have an IKEA card or number to get this deal? or do I have to sign up for affinity card?
    Just made a booking with payment required at pickup. Hope they aren’t looking for validation number at the counter ....
    Seems a great deal

You don't need an IKEA Family card number at pickup! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Berty wrote: »
    When you go to Enterprise following the link Enterprise themselves call it an Affinity deal.

Oh right, Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

normanbond wrote:
    Do I need to have an IKEA card or number to get this deal? or do I have to sign up for affinity card? Just made a booking with payment required at pickup. Hope they aren’t looking for validation number at the counter .... Seems a great deal

Remember, they only accept major credit cards as payment for the actual rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

chicorytip wrote: »
    Remember, they only accept major credit cards as payment for the actual rental.

they accept debit cards too. rented from them a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement