Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish water: turn off mains tap

Options
  • 18-03-2019 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi there. would anyone know where or how can i locate my house water mains tap? i need to do some plumbing in the kitchen sink area and heard that the water mains valve is somewhere outside the house and only irish water people with some kind of key can turn it off? any ideas? thanking in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi irmukas,

Thank you for your message.
    irmuckas wrote: »
    hi there. would anyone know where or how can i locate my house water mains tap? i need to do some plumbing in the kitchen sink area and heard that the water mains valve is somewhere outside the house and only irish water people with some kind of key can turn it off? any ideas? thanking in advance.
    You should be able to switch off your water supply using your Inside Stop Valve (ISV) and information on how to do this is available here www.water.ie/for-home/first-fix/inside-stop-valves/. Alternatively, you can switch off your mains supply from the Outside Stop Valve (OSV), which is usually located next to your water meter or by the entrance to your home. You or a private plumber will be able to manually switch off the water supply using this.

If you cannot locate the Outside Stop Valve, please send us the following information by private message and a member of our team will look into this further for you.

- Name;
    - Contact number; and
    - Address.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Advertisement