Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car underfloor storage box fillers

Options
  • 17-03-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone bought the filler things for those underfloor storage box things in cars? If so did you just order them from the garage?
    They are such a pain :(
    According to britax site I need them to use one of my car seats.
    Thanks a mil.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Millem wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone bought the filler things for those underfloor storage box things in cars? If so did you just order them from the garage?
    They are such a pain :(
    According to britax site I need them to use one of my car seats.
    Thanks a mil.
    :)

They came with my car, but I have heard of other people buying them directly from main dealers. Thankfully the leg of my seat goes to the floor if the lid is off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

jlm29 wrote: »
    They came with my car, but I have heard of other people buying them directly from main dealers. Thankfully the leg of my seat goes to the floor if the lid is off

Ok on britax site it says I need those stupid fillers. Omg would you believe I never even looked in them....do you think they might be filled? Car mats are over them!
    Seriously why do they put them in cars aimed at families!!!!

Ok on britax site it says I need those stupid fillers. Omg would you believe I never even looked in them....do you think they might be filled? Car mats are over them!

It’s crazy- it’s not like you could store anything in them anyhow! but lots of cars come with them as standard,Have a look.

It’s crazy- it’s not like you could store anything in them anyhow! but lots of cars come with them as standard,Have a look.

I actually opened them up....such a waste sure what would you even fit bar a golden pages!!!!
    They haven’t been filled but the leg extends to reach the real floor. Is this safe now?
    The leg can’t miss the box as box is too wide :(
    I will ring garage on Tuesday for the filler. Tried to google it online under parts but no joy.
    I have a TWE for him anyway so can use that for him anyway. ;)

I actually opened them up....such a waste sure what would you even fit bar a golden pages!!!!
    They haven’t been filled but the leg extends to reach the real floor. Is this safe now?
    The leg can’t miss the box as box is too wide :(
    I will ring garage on Tuesday for the filler. Tried to google it online under parts but no joy.
    I have a TWE for him anyway so can use that for him anyway. ;)

I had my minikid fitted by the rsa, and they put the leg to the ground. I don’t know if it varies between seats though?

• Advertisement

I had my minikid fitted by the rsa, and they put the leg to the ground. I don’t know if it varies between seats though?

Would they not of just used the filler and put the lid on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Emergency food supply is one reason

https://news.sky.com/story/deadly-storm-emma-threatens-blizzards-and-snow-drifts-11272528

gctest50 wrote: »

There are 33 storage compartments in my car apparently!

Would they not of just used the filler and put the lid on?

I think some seats aren’t supposed to go on top of storage boxes, even with fillers. I didn’t really ask TBH, just let them get on with it!

I think some seats aren’t supposed to go on top of storage boxes, even with fillers. I didn’t really ask TBH, just let them get on with it!

Oh right! Do you know what the story is with the maxi cosi infant base? no info on maxi cosi website

• Advertisement

Oh right! Do you know what the story is with the maxi cosi infant base? no info on maxi cosi website

That one is fine to go on top of the filled box. I don’t know about an unfilked box though. I think some cars have reinforced lids on the boxes. If you can get to a check it fits, I’d highly recommend. They know everything about these things! Or ring Tony Kealys. They might help

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

Hi All;

Jumping back on this thread. Has anyone filled these storage boxes to put the isofix expanding leg on.

We have one car seat and the leg extends as far as the floor, but need to install a second which doesn't extend that far.

Advertisement