Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banging Noise from Hot Press

Options
  • 17-03-2019 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭

I had a dream about a banging noise last night and woke up at 4am to a banging noise coming from the hot press. Funny how that happens, eh?

The banging noise sounds like metal on metal and the noises are about a second apart.

I have a gas boiler downstairs to heat the water and it's on a timer. It would have switched off around 11pm. The little blue box in the hot press (I assume it some sort of controller) was very warm to the touch.

When I switched the boiler off at the main switch, the banging noise stopped.

I switched it on again this morning and the banging started straight away.

I'll call Bord Gais on Tuesday for an engineer to call out. Any idea what the issue is?

Comments

Sounds like air in one of the pipes, but as this is more of a heating problem I will move this thread to plumbing & heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭jimf

at a guess the little blue box may be a motorised valve

these can give problems with sticking micro switches

Advertisement