Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

The Bay

• 16-03-2019 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ deeks

I’ve seen on the TV guide today about a new show called The Bay which is starting on UTV next week and is being advertised as the new “Broadchurch”. Anyone know if this is going to appear on Virgin Media One in the coming weeks as we have no access to UTV on Virgin

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 88,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Capt'n Midnight

If you can get satellite then Freesat gives you most of what's on Virgin/TV3 , earlier and in HD.

If you know someone with a NON-SKY satellite box they can record it for you.
    However, if it's a Freesat box they can only export SD recordings because genuine Freesat boxes encrypt HD recordings because right issues.

Using google and the site search then there's this reference to "the bay" site:www.virginmediatelevision.ie
    a press release last august via expose.ie https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/273738/Morven-Christie-lands-lead-role-in-crime-drama-The-Bay

No doubt you'll get it later

( Could have sworn that AerTV do UTV but they don't :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 74,945 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

All these ITV shows usually do show up on one of the VMT channels so it is likely

It starts next Monday the 8th of April on VM1

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ deeks

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It starts next Monday the 8th of April on VM1

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,182 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn

What do people make of the first two episodes?

I'm unsure to be honest. It might be one of the kids but they haven't focused much on the grandmother yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ LushiousLips

How many episodes are in the series? Too soon to have got the right man with that slow guy?
    I wonder will it come out about the cop and the dad.
    I'm enjoying the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭ brian_t

How many episodes are in the series?

There are six.

I'm watching on ITV with only one episode to go. So I won't comment on the rest of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭ Duvet Day

brian_t wrote: »
    There are six.

I'm watching on ITV with only one episode to go. So I won't comment on the rest of your post.

I've only seen 2 episodes, would you know if it's available on Catch up or On demand? I'm enjoying it so far.

Joe Absolom, James Cosmo, Stephen Tomkinson, Sharon Small, Sunetra Sarker, Owen McDonnell, Steven Robertson, Amy James-Kelly, Kerrie Taylor, Wendy Kweh, Julia Haworth and Jack Archer have joined for the 2nd season with Morven Christie returning as Detective Lisa Armstrong

• Advertisement

Tonight on ITV on at 9pm and next Monday at 9pm on VM1

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ banoffe2

really enjoyed The Bay tonight, great acting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭ Lucas Hood

Finished this last night.

Found the first season really good. Second good but not as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ banoffe2

The murder investigation is so drawn out , no doubt there will be a surprise or a twist in it, will have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ mr_edge_to_you

Any one know where I could watch this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭ brian_t

Any one know where I could watch this?

You can borrow the DVD from your local library when they reopen later this month.

Advertisement