Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P50 Tax Rebate

Options
  • 16-03-2019 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm leaving the country permanently next week.

I contacted the tax office while still in my job about tax they said fill out P50, currently all my tax paid in 2019 would be refunded. Wait 4 weeks until you finish your job and bingo. I did exactly that.

I got a letter on Friday saying no tax refund is due. I called them, they gave me fluffy answers mostly that they would not be able to pull in my unused tax credits from the full year until July/August. I'm no tax expert, although that contradicts what they told me weeks before, and what other Irish emigrants have told me, and there is nothing about that written on the form or their website and no Irish emigrant (that I've read) has mentioned this on Boards, so I'm wondering are they messing around here.

Are they correct? If they are, I'll wait and put it to rest.

Many thanks for any insight.
    Tagged:

Advertisement