Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 14 | Scars [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 14-03-2019 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 14 - "Scars"

Airdate - March 17th on AMC at 9/8c | March 18th on FOX UK at 9PM

The painful secrets of a past traumatic event continue to haunt Alexandria.
    An outsider's arrival forces Alexandria to rehash devastating old wounds; eye-opening secrets from the past are revealed

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 34 votes

0%
    5%
    BillyKilkennyLessOutragePlz 2 votes
    11%
    peterobrien100w/s/p/c/downesyAlfred Borden 4 votes
    23%
    NUTZZChiorinofritzellyCYHSNalchemist33foozzybear61greenwavingLl31 8 votes
    14%
    AdamBCharlie19mcdaids69Mac Bnannerby 5 votes
    17%
    iamstopMc LoveTerrorFirmerDuffFreudianSlippersduffysfarm 6 votes
    17%
    Collie DDarth MelkorJuwwimooreman09EffectsCiaranW 6 votes
    2%
    cunavalos 1 vote
    0%
    5%
    musiknonstopAlly Dick 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Kirsten Acuna, correspondent at Insider writes;
    914 is one of the most intense, nerve-racking episodes of the show I've ever watched. Maybe the darkest episode TWD has ever done. But so, so, so, so good. Have someone or something to hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

You Need To Watch Tonight’s Episode Of ‘The Walking Dead,’ Even If You’ve Quit The Show

I have been extolling the virtues of the Angela Kang era of The Walking Dead here in season 9 for months now. It’s a rather miraculous time where the show is better than it’s been in years, and it’s doing it without some of the biggest characters in the series like Carl and Maggie, and absent its literal lead, Rick Grimes, who has left the series.

I don’t normally post about episodes before they air in any capacity, but I have seen tonight’s episode of The Walking Dead via a screener, and without saying a single spoilery word about what happens, I have to tell you that you need to watch it. And you should watch it even if you walked away from the show years ago.

Tonight’s episode, Scars, is simply one of the best in the history of the series. Without question. You could make the case that it might actually be the best, though I have to sit down and think long and hard about how it stacks up against all-time greats like The Grove, No Way Out and No Sanctuary. It absolutely deserves to be in the same conversation.

Paul Tassi Senior Contributor @ Forbes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Certainly a great episode, is indeed intense and makes up for so many bad episodes.
    Loving Judith, she is badass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I thought this season was better and since the return for 2nd half of season it's been decentish

but this episode was poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Never work with children or animals - The Walking Dead never learns. Extremely boring episode. Show is irredeemable. Time to axe it after one more hurrah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

NUTZZ wrote: »

Paul Tassi is deluded beyond belief. He picks through the elephant sh1t for nuts. How anyone could consider that good, is beyond me. Show is appalling. Has been for about two seasons now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

a quarantine house would be useful to have in alexander

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

could darryl not have found evidence of helicopter landing shortly after rick disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Paul Tassi is deluded beyond belief. He picks through the elephant sh1t for nuts. How anyone could consider that good, is beyond me. Show is appalling. Has been for about two seasons now.

It was a brilliant episode. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Ever thought you may be on your own or close to on your own here.

Also for someone with such a damning verdict on the show why do you continuosly follow it :confused:

Some of your gems:

"Time to axe the show. It's run it's course. Getting very very boring. Kill Negan and let them all walk off into the sunset"

" nearly fell asleep during this episode of The Snoring Dead. Not even Shakepeare spent as long getting his characters to get to the point where they did something. It's gone on too long. Let's have a blood bath at the end of the season, and leave it at that"

"ime to axe the show. It's gone on too long. A lot of the last two seasons were very boring indeed. I didn't enjoy Negan's pantomime villian style of acting. He said "sh1t" quite a lot, with major emphasis on the word. It was the final insult that he wasn't killed off"

"This show is painful. All talk. Not enough action. I think it's time to pull the plug"

Hard to take someone's views/critique serious when their posts are essentially just copy and pastes! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Maybe I've missed something. But whos knocked michonne up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Our old friend Rick!

Have enjoyed the second half of the season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Jesus this is the best episode ever? nearly halfway in and I've remembered why I gave the last 3 a swerve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I'm guessing this isn't the last we see of Winnie. She'd probably be in her early-ish teens now. Maybe she's a Whisperer?...

It's scarily believable that those kids could be manipulated into thinking the way they did. Look at the instances of brainwashed child soldiers in recent history. I guess Jocelyn was always a psychopath, it just took an apocalypse for it to surface.

Daryl got some good screentime, but actually did surprisingly little, in this episode - all the action was Michonne's.

Have we seen any Oceansiders this season??

Oh and btw, why exactly were they branding Daryl and Michonne?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

To say it was the best episode is overstretched. It felt like a filler episode, spent most of it on my phone as it was pretty boring and lacked any sort of direction.

Maybe I'll have to rewatch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That would be a flashback...which when it happened was very hard to follow and know it was a flashback. Only complaint about the episode, shoulda gone with a color shift or something.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Did have some boring parts but good overall IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Maybe it was my hangover but I found this episode hard to follow. Michonne was suddenly heavily pregnant. I must have missed something? I know they were using flashbacks but it seemed a bit clumsy in its execution.

Don’t really get the hype about it at all and I’ve liked this season more than some recent ones.

Maybe it was my hangover but I found this episode hard to follow. Michonne was suddenly heavily pregnant. I must have missed something? I know they were using flashbacks but it seemed a bit clumsy in its execution.

Don’t really get the hype about it at all and I’ve liked this season more than some recent ones.

The flashback part was to months after Rick had "died" and her and Daryll were still searching for his body/walker form. She was pregnant throughout the whole flashback sequence. With Ricks baby. The baby that grew up to be the 5 year old child we have seen in the show since the time jump.
    It's not that hard to follow!!!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Carol's got some catching up to do. She had an early lead, but now Michonne is waaay ahead.

I liked it. Judith is a bit much as the moral compass for Alexandra.

I hope we see Winnie again. Maybe Judith will get her revenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The flashback part was to months after Rick had "died" and her and Daryll were still searching for his body/walker form. She was pregnant throughout the whole flashback sequence. With Ricks baby. The baby that grew up to be the 5 year old child we have seen in the show since the time jump.
    It's not that hard to follow!!!!

Well given 3 people on a page and a half have said it was hard to follow there must have been some confusion in how they executed it.

That said I was drifting off while watching it so probably wasn't giving it my full attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Mc Love wrote: »
    To say it was the best episode is overstretched. It felt like a filler episode, spent most of it on my phone as it was pretty boring and lacked any sort of direction.

Maybe I'll have to rewatch it?

Sorry but /facepalm, if you’re gonna watch something, just watch it and don’t be glued/a slave to your phone (not an attack on you, just on the scourge of modern society). Thought it was a great episode, maybe not one of the best ever like those reviews were saying, but featuring a few dark and heartbreaking moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭CiaranW

Was an alright episode. A solid 5.

Do they still plan on dragging this show out for a few more series or is there an ending in sight at all?
    I am committed to the show as I have been watching from the start but the story is pretty all over the place, the whisperers have to be the worst bad guys yet!
    Also, how are there still walkers going around, surely they can't be going around for years?

The nepotism in the show is pretty bad too.
    Young Henry, New Henry and Sophia are brothers and sisters in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

CiaranW wrote: »

Also, how are there still walkers going around, surely they can't be going around for years?

Why wouldn't there still be walkers?ppl die and turn into walkers.

CiaranW wrote: »

Do they still plan on dragging this show out for a few more series or is there an ending in sight at all?
    I am committed to the show as I have been watching from the start but the story is pretty all over the place, the whisperers have to be the worst bad guys yet!

The nepotism in the show is pretty bad too.
    Young Henry, New Henry and Sophia are brothers and sisters in real life.

1 example out of 100s of cast members is hardly bad nepotism. It's 7 or 8 years since Sophia, young Henry was credited with a few episodes and old Henry is hardly a bad cast as they needed some sort of resemblance after the time jump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

1 example out of 100s of cast members is hardly bad nepotism. It's 7 or 8 years since Sophia, young Henry was credited with a few episodes and old Henry is hardly a bad cast as they needed some sort of resemblance after the time jump!

I love that they’re connected this way. And Carol loses a daughter (way back in Season 2?) but has gained a son, who’s played by the real-life brothers of the girl who played Sophia. :)

I recognise Jocelyn as Tara from vampire drama True Blood. Did anyone else wish she survived the episode? I would have liked to see her character further explored, as messed up as it was.

I love that they’re connected this way. And Carol loses a daughter (way back in Season 2?) but has gained a son, who’s played by the real-life brothers of the girl who played Sophia. :)

I recognise Jocelyn as Tara from vampire drama True Blood. Did anyone else wish she survived the episode? I would have liked to see her character further explored, as messed up as it was.

Ah, I'm glad it was done and dusted in an episode. It possibly should have been done a couple of episodes earlier though. But the next two episodes are set up nicely and you probably needed that respite from The Whisperers arc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I actually rewatched this episode as the first time I watched it I wasn't giving it proper, full attention as I found it quite boring.

So, having sat through it in its entirety and distraction free....it's grand but average at best, can't understand this talk of best episode, honestly starting to think brown envelopes are starting to cross palms or something.

This season is definitely broadly way better than all the Negan stuff that came before it, but that still doesn't make it a good show, just a significantly improved one....but it's still painfully average.
    Well given 3 people on a page and a half have said it was hard to follow there must have been some confusion in how they executed it.

I thought it was obvious what they were doing, but it was executed pretty sloppily to be fair.

Advertisement