Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNA Level 5 Verus Level 6

Options
  • 13-03-2019 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi folks

Just looking for some info before I pay for my sna course.

Every school I ring I get a different point of view making it very hard to decide on which college to study with.

Firstly I was told today by CMIT online college if you have your leaving certificate you are exempt from fetac 5 so I can go straight on to do fetac 6.. This is the first time this has been said to me. Is this true, can you still get work as a SNA with level 6? has anyone done this?

Is there a big difference between fetac 5 and 6? I am just looking to do sna work in a primary or secondary school setting.

Secondly, what is the difference between the SNAs work in primary and secondary schools?

Thirdly is there any good forum someone could reccommend on snas and assignments that could be of help to me?

Lastly how do you get on the panel?

Many Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Level 5 is Leaving Cert level, so if you already have the LC, you would normally progress on to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bonnybaby

Thank you so much for replying.
    Yes I do have have my leaving cert but have been told that you would actually need the data that you are taught from level 5 to do the sna job.

Another quick question, does anyone know what extra studies do you need to be a sna for a secondary school or for a university or 3rd level college?

Advertisement