Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Dressings

Options
  • 13-03-2019 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭

Our GSD gets very excited at anything in his garden and if he cant get out(like when we aren't there) he somehow drags the Roman blinds down or rips them in half.

He has done thing twice in as many months, there is no point in any kind of therapy for him, anyone here found dog proof blinds? or a way of protecting the blinds they have from freaked out GSD's?

*making the one's already there defeats the purpose of having them. I strongly suspect that 2nd next door's feral's are what sets him off.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Bredabe wrote: »
    Our GSD gets very excited at anything in his garden and if he cant get out(like when we aren't there) he somehow drags the Roman blinds down or rips them in half.

He has done thing twice in as many months, there is no point in any kind of therapy for him, anyone here found dog proof blinds? or a way of protecting the blinds they have from freaked out GSD's?

*making the one's already there defeats the purpose of having them. I strongly suspect that 2nd next door's feral's are what sets him off.

I know it’s not the same as having an‘emotional’ GSD but our recent rescue has an issue with semi reflections of herself so after realising just how many reflective surfaces we have I had to resort to making homemade peanut butter and lightly smearing the surfaces so that when she reacted instead of barking she lapped them.

Now if I could just cover our next door neighbours obnoxious French bulldog in the stuff...

Is there anyway you could break up his food and mix it with something really tasty, put it into many kongs or something similar and fix them in the areas where he reacts? I don’t know if that makes sense but your also dealing with the smell of the cats too so the smellier the food the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

How about some window frosting? It could help as a management tool. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=window+frosting

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I would second a frosted window film if you think your dog is reacting to something they can see outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

You could place a frosted sheet sticker on window to remove the visual however he still may be able to hear it and keep reacting. I would recommend getting a force free trainer and you will be able to work on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

You could place a frosted sheet sticker on window to remove the visual however he still may be able to hear it and keep reacting. I would recommend getting a force free trainer and you will be able to work on this issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement