Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal Marketing

Options
  • 13-03-2019 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    I have invested in a beautiful glossy hardback brochure - it works really well when someone is flicking though it (as opposed to viewing it electronically).
    They cost me maybe about €7.00 each.
    However posting them to the UK seems to be costing me about €9.00 each & the UK is where the markets is.
    I send out about 2-3 a week & will move this up to 10/15 p.w. over time.
    Occasionally I courier over 50 of them pre-stamped with UK stamps to someone in the UK who posts them for me.
    Would anyone have any better suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

KBR wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have invested in a beautiful glossy hardback brochure - it works really well when someone is flicking though it (as opposed to viewing it electronically).
    They cost me maybe about €7.00 each.
    However posting them to the UK seems to be costing me about €9.00 each & the UK is where the markets is.
    I send out about 2-3 a week & will move this up to 10/15 p.w. over time.
    Occasionally I courier over 50 of them pre-stamped with UK stamps to someone in the UK who posts them for me.
    Would anyone have any better suggestions?

Is it an option to have a UK based company do a print run and mail shot to your contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KBR

In the future - yes I think I'll have to try this out. When i looked before it seemed anyone was interested in sending out 2000 items in 1 go say, but we are not at that level really.
    For a separate simple leaflet I have sent out 2000 letters before - spread over 12-18 months. I'm sure I could've found a better way & will look in the future.

But these hardback books are so obviously expensive to post @ €9 each it doesn't seem to make sense.
    I know of someone who used drive to Newry once/month for this purpose when he had a lot of post to send - but we are 3 hours from the border

Advertisement