Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lawn advice

Options
  • 13-03-2019 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

After moving into a new build last year our lawn was laid around the time of the water ban during the summer so is quite patchy and compacted in places.

I have very little knowledge of gardening so would appreciate any advice on my plan which is as follows:

1. Scarify lawn lightly in early April
    2. Aerate lawn (a week later?)
    3. Overseed (the next day?)
    4. Fertilise lawn (same day as overseeding?)

One issue is that parts of the lawn are uneven so I want to add more topsoil to level it – should I do this after overseeding and before fertilising the lawn?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Have you considered replacing lawn with wild flowers? Less work, looks good during summer, good for environment

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

lordgoat wrote: »
    Have you considered replacing lawn with wild flowers? Less work, looks good during summer, good for environment

Part of the garden was seeded with wild flowers and is working well. We'd like some grass for playing football / kids playing, etc though however.

Advertisement