Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic insurance on 03 E46 cabrio

• 13-03-2019 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on an 03 325i Cabriolet. Bringing it in from UK.
    The only classic quote I've managed to get is from Autoline - everyone else seems to be saying 20+ or 25+ years old.
    Anywhere else I could try?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Hi

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on an 03 325i Cabriolet. Bringing it in from UK.
    The only classic quote I've managed to get is from Autoline - everyone else seems to be saying 20+ or 25+ years old.
    Anywhere else I could try?

TIA

2003, not really a classic just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,681 ✭✭✭✭unkel

How much is your quote for Autoline? Do you have insurance on another car?

I have a classic car policy with AIG (through First Ireland) that I could add your car on as classic (because it is over 15 years old and basically any car goes as long as it isn't Japanese), but this policy is now legacy and no longer open to new customers

ronaneire wrote: »
    2003, not really a classic just yet.

Disagree, E46 (coupe / vert) was a classic the day it was launched :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

unkel wrote: »
    How much is your quote for Autoline? Do you have insurance on another car?

I have a classic car policy with AIG (through First Ireland) that I could add your car on as classic (because it is over 15 years old and basically any car goes as long as it isn't Japanese), but this policy is now legacy and no longer open to new customers

Disagree, E46 (coupe / vert) was a classic the day it was launched :cool:
    That's your opinion... however in terms of classic insurance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

ronaneire wrote: »
    That's your opinion... however in terms of classic insurance!

It is a classic in terms of insurance? I've an 04 on classic insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Who with? I got a quote of €560 from Autoline and so far it's the only game in town. I have a daily driver but as far as I know they won't mirror my NCD.

• Advertisement

Who with? I got a quote of €560 from Autoline and so far it's the only game in town. I have a daily driver but as far as I know they won't mirror my NCD.

Autoline, €580. They are the only company who offer new classic policies on the island to cars 15 years old. They don't bring NCB into it for either issuing the policy or if you need to claim off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,562 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What type of vehicle is that?

Do you think a VW Transporter factory Kombi with twin sliding door, two rows of seats, LWB, 2.5 tdi 2004 would be considered a classic.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODI2WDEwMjQ=/z/2RAAAOSwSBhbph2M/$_86.JPG
    Sample pic

What type of vehicle is that?

Do you think a VW Transporter factory Kombi with twin sliding door, two rows of seats, LWB, 2.5 tdi 2004 would be considered a classic.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODI2WDEwMjQ=/z/2RAAAOSwSBhbph2M/$_86.JPG
    Sample pic

Honda S2000.

Re above I would guess not a hope, but worth the call of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭kdevitt

When did you get the quote from Autoline? They've changed a lot of their criteria lately - 20 years for most BMW's now afaik.

kdevitt wrote: »
    When did you get the quote from Autoline? They've changed a lot of their criteria lately - 20 years for most BMW's now afaik.

About two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Yes, saw that ad but when I tried them it was 20 years minimum.
    hi5 wrote: »

Advertisement