Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siro BB usage allowance

Options
  • 13-03-2019 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what various resellers of Siro allowances are. Was speaking to VF and they have a fair use policy of 1000GB with a €1 per 1GB there after. This works out about 33GB on a 30day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

All the ones I was looking at are about the same. I was mad to get the 1gb but now I don’t think I will because if this. There are games out now the can be between 50-70gb to download and if a good sale comes one month I will use the fair use haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

We have two gamers in the house and just checked the usage for the last couple of months and between DL/UL some months were up around the 7-800GB. We are on VM at the moment which it says is unlimited so you can just use and forget. With the extra speed available on Siro I think it would be two easy to go over their limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The only ISP that provides SIRO that I know of that's totally unlimited with no fair usage policy is Airwire.

Seems so as digiweb are singing off the same hymn sheet. Will just have to get the big allowance stick out and beat the kids everytime they go over.

cubix wrote: »
    Seems so as digiweb are singing off the same hymn sheet. Will just have to get the big allowance stick out and beat the kids everytime they go over.

Do you have much time left on your contract?

• Advertisement

Out of contract at the moment. Anyone know if the 1000GB allowance is only for DL or does it also cover the UL

Then does Airwire provide SIRO to your area? If they do it's totally unlimited.
    https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/siro

Limits usually include both upload and download combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Out of contract at the moment. Anyone know if the 1000GB allowance is only for DL or does it also cover the UL

It includes upload and download but it is unclear if Vodafone actually implement a hard 1TB limit. It seems to be that they "may" contact you if they deem your usage excessive. The issue being what they deem excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

- better watch this thread so.
    Yeah - that is one reason I said no to Siro from VFE (and believe me, they were really wanting to sell): I was already sold by them an unlimited contract with a FUP once, hoping once this expires I can get something else to replace.
    - Coming after 9 years of VM, this was an unpleasant surprise.
    Hearing about Airwire is promising; hopefully they will still have the deal few months later.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

tuxy wrote: »
    The only ISP that provides SIRO that I know of that's totally unlimited with no fair usage policy is Airwire.

Westnet too, but only in Castlebar and Westport.

• Advertisement

Then does Airwire provide SIRO to your area? If they do it's totally unlimited.
    https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/siro

Limits usually include both upload and download combined.

Not in my area, but thanks.

Anyone know what Skys allowance is on their fibre Ultra. It tells you they have a fair use policy but dont give an allowance.

Navi:
    Do you have a link to VF fair use policy as when I inquired I was simply told if you go over they start charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Not in my area, but thanks.

Anyone know what Skys allowance is on their fibre Ultra. It tells you they have a fair use policy but dont give an allowance.

Navi:
    Do you have a link to VF fair use policy as when I inquired I was simply told if you go over they start charging.
    FAIR USAGE

18. The fair usage cap for data usage on the Gigabit Broadband Service is 1000 GB over the course of any given billable month. If you exceed the fair usage cap for data on more than two (2) occasions in any calendar year then Vodafone may terminate or suspend your Gigabit Broadband Service. Vodafone will proactively contact you in advance of any suspension or termination.

from the Gigabit Broadband section on

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/fixed.html#

Also it seems you are not the first person to be told erroneously that there is charging involved for breaching the FUP.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057932601

Really though you should clarify this with Vodafone before signing up for a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Anyone know what Skys allowance is on their fibre Ultra.

Sky is also 1TB FUP on their FTTH products.

/M

If choices are limited like that what I'd do is go with Vodafone, they have a large customer base and I've yet to see a single person complain about getting a warning for exceeding the cap. There must be many people going over 1TB and they are not acting on it. At least they have a warning system and don't send you a massive bill!

If choices are limited like that what I'd do is go with Vodafone, they have a large customer base and I've yet to see a single person complain about getting a warning for exceeding the cap. There must be many people going over 1TB and they are not acting on it. At least they have a warning system and don't send you a massive bill!

I am thinking the same way.

Any of you knowledgeable people here be able to answer me this.
    I know on Win10 and the like you can set your data limit on the PC where it cuts you off and gives you a pop up but is there the ability to do it at router level and more so the router VF provide for the Siro service. So if a particular mac/ IP reached its limit. As one of the kids is on an Xbox which may be hogger where as the other lad uses his PC for gaming along with Steam so everything is in the virtual world

Advertisement