Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road bike Cannondale CAAD12 105 or B'Twin ULTRA 920 AF?

Options
  • 11-03-2019 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Road bike Cannondale CAAD12 105 or B'Twin ULTRA 920 AF -both look like they are great bikes and Cannondale is bit more expensive. Anyone got any thoughts on which I should get? Will be doing a number of sprortives. Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Have you the specs on each? Say you have the same group then it’s really frame v frame and wheels v wheels. The caad12 frameset is held in high regard. I’ve had a bad time in the past with cheap cannondale Maddox Wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Ah the famous B’Twin with the Ultegra group. Amazing price at that. Better wheelset than the Cannondale too. Nothing wrong with 105 either. Cannondale Alu frame wins for me and the rest on the B’Twin. Tough call.

You have pros and cons of each. I’m not vetted enough to make a call. It’s an interesting choice. I’d love to hear what others think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I saw that B'Twin in a Decathlon in Brussels in January for 799€ (might have been a display model) - gutted I didn't take it even though it wasn't my size.

Decathlon are launching a new road bike range next week so I'd consider holding out for a price drop on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

The BTwin is only available in large on that link. I'd prefer the Cannondale, even though it's a lower spec groupset (with FSA cranks) as the frame is hard to beat, and I prefer the colour (acid red).
    Not much in it though tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement