Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you guys clean up clay pigeons.

Options
  • 11-03-2019 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

At a informal clay shoot how do you guys clean up clay pigeons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Local ground mows the grass which will turn them to tiny bits. If im shooting in my own place il run the chain or tine harrow over it

Edit. It wont make them dissappear just make them smaller and less noticable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Plough the field!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I just make sure I black smoke every clay

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

cosieman wrote: »
    At a informal clay shoot how do you guys clean up clay pigeons.

All club members spend about 2 hrs afterwards with buckets picking them up by hand. Its effective, but a right pain in the ........
    It helps if you strategically position the traps so the clays end up in corners of the field.
    A farmer generously donates one of his fields to the events so we have no option other than cleaning up afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If your trap(s) is in a limited number of positions clays should land in a relatively small area. Some form of a sheet on the ground is your friend. If you have a few bodies you can easily lift it and drop the broken clays in a trailer or wheelbarrow for disposal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Position the traps in such a way that the unbroken clays will land in much the same place.

Advertisement