Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin club

Options
  • 11-03-2019 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Looking to join a north Dublin based cycling club . What are the options and any members here ? Ideally an open club looking for new members . Most of my training is done in North county.
    Ideally to try A4 and or a good club league.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Do you live near Balrothery? I'm in VCB (great club ;) ) and a good few race at that level.
    If you live in Swords, Swords CC is a great club too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,973 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Oberkon wrote: »
    Looking to join a north Dublin based cycling club...
    North city/suburbs or north county?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Blanch Wheelies draw members from across North Dublin and may suit you. I’m a member and at a similar stage to yourself, looking to race A4 and the inter club league in which Blanch partakes. Very friendly club and open to new members.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

Yes , near swords and Malahide . No experience of racing but at a good level of fitness and training . Ideally one looking for new members and can offer advice on racing . Most of my training 30-31 kph average but haven’t raced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,973 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Oberkon wrote: »
    Yes , near swords and Malahide..
    McNally Swords CC is probably your best bet. I don't think there are any clubs in the Malahide area as many of Swords CC members are from out that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

McNally Swords CC is probably your best bet. I don't think there are any clubs in the Malahide area as many of Swords CC members are from out that direction.

You'd be more than welcome. Our club league runs from April to the back end of August on Wednesday evenings on circuits in north county Dublin and Meath (plus a couple of races in Corkagh Park). Hill climbs and TTs too. Our friends in VCB, Stamullen Road Club and maybe a couple of others I have forgotten participate too.

We have a good few open racers too, from A4 up to (one or two at!) A1. Training spins on Saturday and Sunday mornings and a few midweek spins too. http://swordscc.com/ for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

If that's your easy zone 2 pace it's not a club you need but a manager and a contract :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

MojoMaker wrote: »
    If that's your easy zone 2 pace it's not a club you need but a manager and a contract :)

Ha , definitely not my Easy zone unfortunately!

Advertisement