Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifeline Tyres

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

No help, I'm afraid, but if you decide to go for these, will you let us know, what you think of them. They look like a great bargain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've had the road race ones for the 3 weeks. Got a puncture the other day on them, but it was a big shard of glass that might even have gone through Marathons, or at least have dented them.

So far, so good, sidewills seem a bit flimsy, and mine were very easy to put on, but they were relatively A319 rims and 28c tyres so it should be easy. I'll probably go back to the Marathons though for the commuter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've had the road race ones for the 3 weeks. Got a puncture the other day on them, but it was a big shard of glass that might even have gone through Marathons, or at least have dented them.

So far, so good, sidewills seem a bit flimsy, and mine were very easy to put on, but they were relatively A319 rims and 28c tyres so it should be easy. I'll probably go back to the Marathons though for the commuter though.

Think I might go for the race ones too. The more puncture proof ones seem similar aim to gatorskins or Durano plus.

Sometimes it does seem crazy paying car tyre prices for bicycle tires

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Get In There

I have them. I've the lifeline prime armour on my winter bike which I use for commuting. I'm on my second set. They're great value, puncture protection is great. They don't roll as nicely as the gp4000s but they're still good enough esp at half the price.

They're a bit narrow though, 25 is more like a 23.

Advertisement