Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished delonghi cappuccino machine €345

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

That's good value I ordered one for herself..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

What would be the difference to this particular machine and one half the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

I don’t think there are any machines for half this price that would dispense milk and grind beans/brew coffee all with one button press maybe nespresso pod machines but generally they cost more in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Or £699 (approx €810) from Currys UK, never forget the paddy tax from that shower.

And then don't forget even in the UK that shower are rarely cheap.

£479 (€555) with free delivery https://www.thecoffeemate.co.uk/p/coffee-machine-delonghi-ecam-23-460/

Still a €200 saving with a refurb one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I don’t think there are any machines for half this price that would dispense milk and grind beans/brew coffee all with one button press maybe nespresso pod machines but generally they cost more in the long run

I meant the original price. My delonghi machine was about €350, I'm just wondering what a machine that's twice the price would do better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Del007 wrote: »
    I meant the original price. My delonghi machine was about €350, I'm just wondering what a machine that's twice the price would do better

Just the automatic milk frother. Otherwise it looks exactly the same as the Delonghi that I bought for half the price too.

I notice that Delonghi make loads of different machines, which are basically exactly the same, but with just some cosmetic difference around the control panel.

I don't think an automatic frother is worth twice as much. Mine comes with a manual frother that does a better job in the hands of an experienced person and I bought a separate automatic frother for €20

But havign said all that, this does look like a good deal for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Round up 3 more and get it for € 284.00 !!

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

Same machine is 900 in Curry’s

€599.99 online in Currys

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Reading reviews and some people complaining that the milk option makes the coffee not as hot and some need heating in microwave, was thinking about getting one but this is making me have doubts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

meathman0 wrote: »
    Reading reviews and some people complaining that the milk option makes the coffee not as hot and some need heating in microwave, was thinking about getting one but this is making me have doubts.

You can adjust the temperature on mine, but imo you also need to heat the cup with boiling water before using the machine,. It really helps a lot and gives a piping hot cup of coffee. The machines give really good results ( with the right beans). Would be lost without mine now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

tototoe wrote: »
    You can adjust the temperature on mine, but imo you also need to heat the cup with boiling water before using the machine,. It really helps a lot and gives a piping hot cup of coffee. The machines give really good results ( with the right beans). Would be lost without mine now.

Got mine yesterday herself is delighted I had a coffee and it seemed hot enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

meathman0 wrote: »

My one is plenty hot when using the milk option there are settings for the heat level so I’m not sure what mine is set to so it could be at the highest.
    I also use a cold cup and it’s hot enough for me, if you preheat the cup on the cup warmer that would make it a bit hotter too (you can set the machin to turn on at a certain time so your cup is prewarmed when you wake up)

Advertisement