Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teagasc register of foresters and forestry

Options
  • 09-03-2019 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question about the list of Teagasc registered foresters please. I am looking for a forester to advise me about a 17acre woodland, I am hoping I will be eligible for a restoration or native woodland grant. On the list it shows people being CPD accredited and/or having done a NWS course. Are either of these important from a point of view of engaging a forester?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

If your looking for the Native woodland grant it's the Department of Agriculture list of registered foresters you will need to look at not the Teagasc forestry advisers. Not all of them are able to sign off on a native woodland approval but those that are are clearly marked on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Teagasc offer a PDF list of Registered foresters and forestry, which is marked Dept of Agriculture, so I presume it is the same list. On the Dept of Ag site the list comes as an XL document. The Teagasc list is just easier to find. Teagasc is otherwise irrelevant to me as it appears to be exclusively for commercial forestry.

So when you say that not all of them can sign off on NSW am I right in thinking its the ones marked 'NSW course' that can sign off?

I have also found the NSW list of ecologists - I had occasion to try and deal with some of them on a slightly different angle, but they seem (at least the ones in my area) to be universally inaccessible. Is it one of these I have to contact?

I need a forester anyway, I would prefer to go that route if its possible.

Advertisement