Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of laying 25m2 patio

Options
  • 09-03-2019 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to get a patio done, I was thinking of doing it myself and spotted some deals in garden centres and builder providers for €500 all in just supplied and delivered.

If I were to get someone to fit the patio for me how much would this cost.

I am handy-ish but I think doing the patio myself might be a stretch too far etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭macraignil

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I want to get a patio done, I was thinking of doing it myself and spotted some deals in garden centres and builder providers for €500 all in just supplied and delivered.

If I were to get someone to fit the patio for me how much would this cost.

I am handy-ish but I think doing the patio myself might be a stretch too far etc.

Thanks

I think your post is more ground work and construction related than gardening related so you might get a better response in another forum(eg. construction cost forum). There are a lot of variables that are not mentioned in your post like how much preparation for laying the patio is needed and where in the country you are based? Do the site levels need to be changed substantially? Have you already prepared the area with drains or with free draining hardcore? Is everything needed for the patio already on site ready to go? Are you looking for someone who has done the job before to just come on site and lay the patio for a basic labouring rate or are you looking for a fully insured contractor to do the job and guarantee the long term performance of the patio? The patio foundation needs to be much stronger if it is to support the weight of a car. Might be best to just ring someone working in construction in your area to look at your project and give a professional quotation. Would be better still to get at least three quotes and keep in mind the cheapest might not be the best in the long term.

Advertisement