Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge GP 2019

Options
  • 09-03-2019 12:01am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone doing this Sunday, looks like it will be cold but dry.
    A1 6 laps
    A2 5 laps
    A3 4 laps
    A4 3 laps

So a good spin for everyone. I always find it a good course but very safe so long as you stay on your side of the road on the main descent. Finish is plenty open.

I have been off the bike for 5 days now so not sure myself but I really like the course, the desperate A4 attempts to split the field over the main climb which is pretty much two minor climbs is always fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

CramCycle wrote: »
    Anyone doing this Sunday, looks like it will be cold but dry.
    A1 6 laps
    A2 5 laps
    A3 4 laps
    A4 3 laps

So a good spin for everyone. I always find it a good course but very safe so long as you stay on your side of the road on the main descent. Finish is plenty open.

I have been off the bike for 5 days now so not sure myself but I really like the course, the desperate A4 attempts to split the field over the main climb which is pretty much two minor climbs is always fun.

This has been cancelled due to the ambulance pulling out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Just seen, tis a pity as it's a beautiful day out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭nilhg

CramCycle wrote: »
    Just seen, tis a pity as it's a beautiful day out there

Howling gale and snowing here on the course now, maybe a good thing it didn't go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Next year the season will start in April!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,421 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Any chance that they would bother trying to reschedule it?

• Advertisement

nilhg wrote: »
    Howling gale and snowing here on the course now, maybe a good thing it didn't go ahead
    Shouldn't have opened my mouth, *funny and 11degreees here. Got 5minutes down the road and it dropped to 3 and the sleet came out
    dahat wrote: »
    Next year the season will start in April!!!!
    Probably should go back to February and give opportunity for rescheduling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Plenty of availability through August/September!

Id love to know what impact of pushing to start all races in March has had on prolonging the season. I suspect very little. Bar stage races at long weekends I feel there should be a rule that a race is early one year and late the next so everyone doesn't cram everything into March to July. September and October are much more favourable to Feb/March!

Bambaata wrote: »
    Plenty of availability through August/September!
    But for alot of people that is holiday time, it is harder to get marshals, harder to find time, schools are back in and for a % of riders it is simply harder to get the time to do that.
    The other option would be to lift the ban on Saturday races for Club leagues outside of the season, so they could run a local league race in February before the racing season starts to get some practice in, if the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭wav1

Have tried to extend season into late September for past few yrs in leinster.if you notice this yr some of the promoters have reverted back to early season.its simple.field sizes don't happen that time of year so theres no money to pay the Bill's.. after holiday time majority of riders throw their hat at it.nicer time to race but just a traditional and cultural thing

wav1 wrote: »
    Have tried to extend season into late September for past few yrs in leinster.if you notice this yr some of the promoters have reverted back to early season.its simple.field sizes don't happen that time of year so theres no money to pay the Bill's.. after holiday time majority of riders throw their hat at it.nicer time to race but just a traditional and cultural thing
    Indeed, great races on last September but by no means full. Think the Laragh Classic was the last full race I seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Probably worth a separate thread but my thinking was that the early/late could be rotated year to year except for stage races which obviously need bank holidays. So one year a club runs in March, the next they are September etc. Spread the cost over two years then. I know this is very simplistic and I haven't thought it through much but just a thought.

That or we just ban holidays!

I'm particularly vested in it this year as I await surgery on myee but I hope to be able to race by May/June (hence missing lots!)

Advertisement