Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has AnnaCarriga closed?

Options
  • 08-03-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi I'm due to get married in AnnaCarriga, I've heard rumours they have closed down. Their Facebook has been deleted. Also I sent an email but an automated response came back saying their closed for Winter. Its just I've heard off a few people its closed down for good. Just wondering does anyone know the truth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Where / what is annacarriga

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

AnnaCarriga is in Killaloe. Its a restaurant and holiday homes.

I'll find out there in a while I know ppl there

lab man wrote: »
    I'll find out there in a while I know ppl there
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Website is still active, restaurant opens at 5, for the winter months anyway, not sure about summer, I ate there a while ago and pass there regularly, haven't noticed it closed.

• Advertisement

august12 wrote: »
    Website is still active, restaurant opens at 5, for the winter months anyway, not sure about summer, I ate there a while ago and pass there regularly, haven't noticed it closed.

The whole thing is a bit strange. The email says its closed for the winter and not opening till March but there is no way to contact them at all! They deleted both their Facebooks just there last week. I'm just scared the rumours are true but I can't wait till the end of March to find out. Its very bad business not to have a contact email or number.

PM sent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Dolores McNamara the lotto winner son buying it I’ve heard

annettea wrote:
    The whole thing is a bit strange. The email says its closed for the winter and not opening till March but there is no way to contact them at all! They deleted both their Facebooks just there last week. I'm just scared the rumours are true but I can't wait till the end of March to find out. Its very bad business not to have a contact email or number.

There's a landline, mobile number and email address on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

bigpink wrote: »

It'll probably be closed down within 12 months if true

• Advertisement

That is a different hotel. So I am hoping people are getting stories mixed up .

august12 wrote: »
    There's a landline, mobile number and email address on the website.

Yes and none are contactable..

annettea wrote:
    That is a different hotel. So I am hoping people are getting stories mixed up .
    He has bought the Kincora Hotel and Spa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

It’s on the lake near his property so deffo after it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭BnB

It’s on the lake near his property so deffo after it

Because he owns a house a few miles away.... he's "deffo" after it...!!!!! That's come logic there...!!!!!

He has bought the Kincora Hotel in Killaloe which has nothing at all to do with Annacarriga whatsoever.

OP -PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 39 johnington

annettea wrote: »
    Hi I'm due to get married in AnnaCarriga, I've heard rumours they have closed down. Their Facebook has been deleted. Also I sent an email but an automated response came back saying their closed for Winter. Its just I've heard off a few people its closed down for good. Just wondering does anyone know the truth?

I'm also due to get married there this year. We heard all the same rumours and tried to contact them a couple of weeks ago with no joy. Woke up to an email this morning saying they were going out of business due to sewage treatment facilities not up to code. No mention of what's happening with my deposit either. Not a happy bunny this morning.

If its any use a cousin of mine got married in coolbawn quay which is on lough deg north tipp it might suit ye
    It was very nice

Thanks lab man for the suggestion. In major fire fighting mode at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marigi

annettea wrote: »
    I’m on a wedding site and it seems they have appointed a receiver and notified some people about their cancelled wedding but not others. Shocking behaviour

Marigi wrote: »
    I’m on a wedding site and it seems they have appointed a receiver and notified some people about their cancelled wedding but not others. Shocking behaviour

Could you provide me the link to that site please. Wouldn't mind knowing what everyone else is doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Marigi

HIGM (weddings online ) FB page Its a post I saw on there

I am extremely upset with it all. I got the email, they have known for a long time that it would not be opening , yet I only booked the wedding start of January! They won't even email back.
    People are saying we won't get our deposit back and it was a lot of money that we can't waste away like that.
    Sorry to hear about the other brides and grooms especially when some of the weddings are on in the next couple weeks.

Fkng disgrace

They definitely knew in January they were in trouble. I'm slowly getting information from various sources. If it's of any use to you, the other hotels in the locality and even further afield have all heard the news and are being more than supportive and helpful so it's not all a loss (well bar the deposit). Start ringing around, I think we're more or less sorted now but are after a few stressful days. If you're on Facebook messenger there is a large group of couples affected so information is shared. If you want me to add you let me know. Hope everything works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Clare Echo 14th March has a front page report on the subject .....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Here's a link for anyone who's interested

https://www.clareecho.ie/digital-edition/digital-editions-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

Reported in the Independent today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

johnington wrote: »
    Woke up to an email this morning saying they were going out of business due to sewage treatment facilities not up to code.

what:confused:

is it really that expensive to fix? they are in a flood risk area it must be said

fryup wrote: »
    what:confused:

is it really that expensive to fix? they are in a flood risk area it must be said
    Supposedly not too bad for a good running business but their books haven't been too good for the last 2 years or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement