Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Domestic Connection Application

Options
  • 07-03-2019 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

Currently in the middle of a self build and I am applying for my ESB domestic connection. There's a section on the form relating to heat pumps. The data required is:

>Continuous operating current (in amps)

>Starting current (in amps)

>Minimum interval between starts (in minutes)

It's also asking for total kWs for an underfloor heating system.

The house is 2,500 sq ft and I haven't decided on heat pump yet. Can anyone advise what numbers to provide for these?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭caddy16

Hi All,

Currently in the middle of a self build and I am applying for my ESB domestic connection. There's a section on the form relating to heat pumps. The data required is:

The house is 2,500 sq ft and I haven't decided on heat pump yet. Can anyone advise what numbers to provide for these?

Thanks

You don't need to fill all that out. Check with your electrician if you need a 12 or 16 kva connection and just tick that box. If your going with a heat pump chances are it'll be 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hackersphorr

Cheers, however the online form has data as mandatory and has to be filled in. It's 16 kva alright, I just don't know the specifics

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭caddy16

Cheers, however the online form has data as mandatory and has to be filled in. It's 16 kva alright, I just don't know the specifics

I should have said I went with paper version for that reason. Still got the connection pack within 3/4 days so no delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Hi All,

Thanks

You'd normally get the Heat Pump supplier to fill out that section for you but since you havent decided if you will have a heat pump Im not sure what you should put in.

However, I have a 12kW heat pump with the 16kVA connection and the figures I was given were....

Cont. Operating Current: 23.5A
    Starting Current: 33A
    Min. Interval between starts: 20mins

The "Other heating" section was left blank as the underfloor heating is driven by the heat pump and that section covers that figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hackersphorr

Cheers all, much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement