Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulbless Hyacinth with roots

Options
  • 07-03-2019 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi to all experienced flower gardeners,

a bunch of four white Hyacinths that I bought as cut flowers are developing roots! Does anyone know how they might stay alive and grow when put in soil ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,291 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Could we have a pic please? Never heard of that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They may have had a thickening of the base of the stems which would have eventually developed into bulbs had they been left into the soil
    a bit like when, if during a tonsillectomy they don't take the whole lot out, some bits may grow back partially - apologies for the mental image.
    :p

I'd love to see the picture, too, though. :)

Edit: I just noticed that the op has only one post, so pics may be out of the question for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Haven't heard of that with bulbs, but have occasionally seen new branches & leaves growing out of a telephone pole. Same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sunnib

Will post picture shortly - once I found out how to

Advertisement