Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Air won't connect to HDMI for TV? Any advice would be great!

Options
  • 06-03-2019 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

got sorted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PattyO88

Before you begin
    You can resolve many display issues by updating the software on your Apple devices, cables, and adapters. If you can see an image on your screen, check for software updates using the Mac App Store:
    • Connect your external display and any Apple video cables or adapters that you use with it.
    • From the Apple menu, choose App Store.
    • Click the Updates button in the App Store window.
    • Install any macOS or firmware updates that are listed.
    If you're using a display, hub, extender, or adapter not made by Apple, check with the manufacturer for any updates that might be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Hey, thanks! I got it sorted in the end - the micro adaptor thing was the problem! Once I changed that it worked.

My only problem now is the display isn't great. I've messed around with the settings by adjusting the colour balance etc., but it's still a bit gritty. I think it'll just be that way because the TV isn't a smart TV and I'm connecting a small screen Macbook to a 32 inch screen. It's okay like, but just not like the display quality of watching stuff directly on my Mac.

Advertisement