Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router recommendations

Options
  • 06-03-2019 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I'm currently using Google Wifi linked to a Vodafone router but there are ongoing DHCP issues as I'm unable to bridge the VF router, so devices linked to the google wifi stop working because there's no connection to them. I'm thinking that maybe a good 3rd party router can replace both the VF router and the google wifi might be a better alternative, but not sure which one to get.

My house is 114 m2 with 3 levels and the router is placed in the utility room on the ground floor as it's connected to the ethernet cable box. It's new house, so the walls are fairly thick.

Anyway, I was looking at the Nighthawk routers but can't really decide which one is best for range. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Advertisement