Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SunBlade 150 running Solaris 8...cloning

Options
  • 06-03-2019 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Thought I'd try here for a bit of help with cloning a hard drive thats unix based and in a Sunblade 150. Its a secondary drive, the primary boots the OS solaris 8 no problem. Cant see the second drive for some strange reason. Jumpers are ok. All in cable select position so the cable selects the master and slave on the IDE port.
    Ive used the format commant just to see if it picks up the drive but just
    sees the first one that has the OS. Perhaps a dead drive, bit odd though.

I'm frustrated as I want to format the drive to get rid of the partitions so clonezilla wont have such a hard time and then may just slap the image on the second drive. But dont have the experience with the commands etc.

Could I boot up from USB with ubuntu and format from there, would this work?

My understanding: Very limited, I'm new to Unix, know a little to get
    around such as ls, pwd, etc......
    Was never really exposed to Unix during my career I have to say. If this was a windows issue I could solve it no problem!!!

Ok, here is what I've done. I created a Clonezilla flash drive which I recall using in a previous job so I get so far but the app gets bogged down with all the different partitions on the destination drive....( sda1, sda2...bla bla )
    I've tried image to disk. Disk to Disk.
    No joy.
    Any insight as to what i need to do here would be GREAT...tks a lot
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement