Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir or Sky for rural ftth bb?

Options
  • 06-03-2019 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Hope this isn’t a dumb question

It seems I can now get ftth bb in wicklow.

If you were to choose between Sky and Eir, who is best for customer service?

I don’t know how the cost will compare as we have Sky TV with the sport and movie package and so are leaning towards a phone-bb-TV deal...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Gekko wrote: »
    Hope this isn’t a dumb question

It seems I can now get ftth bb in wicklow.

If you were to choose between Sky and Eir, who is best for customer service?

I don’t know how the cost will compare as we have Sky TV with the sport and movie package and so are leaning towards a phone-bb-TV deal...

eir are having dreadful issues with a change in customer support supplies at the minute so Sky probably better on that front. From a cost point of view it is difficult to compare as Sky don't make their pricing clear especially as you are looking at a bundle.

There is no harm in asking Sky for a quote and then comparing it with eir. Also be aware of prices rising after an introductory period so be willing to switch ISPs after your contract is up if you are unhappy with the price increases. There is plenty of choice out there.

https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy-ftth/

Advertisement