Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Virgin's Naked 240 the broadband only package to beat in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-03-2019 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

I need to set up a new provider this month in South Dublin, VM already in place but contract is expiring. I see on their website their 240 mbps product is €54 per month, and I will try to see if they will let me have it for cheaper.

No landline in place, and would rather not get one unless it would allow a better product and/or deal.

With the Siro BPL advancements, does any provider offer anything better than VM's Naked 240 for the money? Happy to take free TV or phone if included, but not to pay extra for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I need to set up a new provider this month in South Dublin, VM already in place but contract is expiring. I see on their website their 240 mbps product is €54 per month, and I will try to see if they will let me have it for cheaper.

No landline in place, and would rather not get one unless it would allow a better product and/or deal.

With the Siro BPL advancements, does any provider offer anything better than VM's Naked 240 for the money? Happy to take free TV or phone if included, but not to pay extra for it.

It's on offer at 49 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭runswithascript

It's on offer at 49 a month.

Due to your response, and that nobody has said otherwise, I am guessing that is an endorsement for that product being the broadband only one to beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Due to your response, and that nobody has said otherwise, I am guessing that is an endorsement for that product being the broadband only one to beat!

I was looking myself and went with virgin as it's TV included.
    Not a huge amount of channels but enough to do.

All other broadband I could get at my house would only be up to 24mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Darando

Be interested in peoples thoughts on Eir's 100MB (up to) at 29.99€ p/m. Not huge BB users so VM240 is probably overkill. House has a phone line on the gable that I can see but no line running down into the house -- would Eir install that as part of the package?

I was looking myself and went with virgin as it's TV included.
    Not a huge amount of channels but enough to do.

All other broadband I could get at my house would only be up to 24mb.

Did you sign up recently, and exactly how much are you paying, and is there a name for the product for broadband with TV? I ask as they told me today TV costs extra, and they have done away with the 240 product and it's now 250.
    Darando wrote: »
    Be interested in peoples thoughts on Eir's 100MB (up to) at 29.99€ p/m. Not huge BB users so VM240 is probably overkill. House has a phone line on the gable that I can see but no line running down into the house -- would Eir install that as part of the package?

Their policy used to be they would put it a few feet in the door, or window, I think it also depends on the engineer you get on the day.

Consider that even if there is no install fee, you will have to pay line rental on top of your broadband subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Darando

Their policy used to be they would put it a few feet in the door, or window, I think it also depends on the engineer you get on the day.

Consider that even if there is no install fee, you will have to pay line rental on top of your broadband subscription.

Its 29.99p/m with once off 40€ activation, 12 month contract (via switcher.ie)...seems to include line rental. Its the new cable from the roof soffit I think might be an issue, but also if the service is any good!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

VM doing 500mb in Dublin now. So far I haven't obtained that speed.

Darando wrote: »
    Its 29.99p/m with once off 40€ activation, 12 month contract (via switcher.ie)...seems to include line rental. Its the new cable from the roof soffit I think might be an issue, but also if the service is any good!!

I think that may only be for new customers?

I have been looking at getting by without paying for cable TV, getting an aerial, considering a dish, looking at a the different apps and players for UK and Irish terrestrial TV etc.

Virgin will not really discuss any deals with me until contract expires later in the month.

Advertisement