Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tick season already!

Options
  • 05-03-2019 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I found a tick on my dog, Sat 2nd March. Have never even thought of treating this early in the year before. The vet was quite taken aback too when I went in to buy spot-on treatment. I guess it must be the mild weather we've been having. Anyway, those of us whose dogs live/walk in tick-vulnerable areas need to be on the look out already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I found a tick on my dog, Sat 2nd March. Have never even thought of treating this early in the year before. The vet was quite taken aback too when I went in to buy spot-on treatment. I guess it must be the mild weather we've been having. Anyway, those of us whose dogs live/walk in tick-vulnerable areas need to be on the look out already.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

We were in Portumna forest on 16/17th February and the dogs picked up a good few :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Thanks for the heads-up. I gave mine Bravecto just last week after the warm weather and was kicking myself when the snow set in. I loathe giving her things unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Are you not meant to treat all year round?
    I treat my cat every month:

Advertisement