Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local multiplayer game suggestions

• 05-03-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Just wondering if there are any suggestions for good pc games with local multiplayer/split screen?

A mate comes up a few times a year and we usually end up playing rocket league till stupid o clock.

Looking for alternatives for the odd break from rocket league

Anything considered that's enjoyable and fun to play, and picked up relatively easily

Edit: have played human fall flat and sonic racing previously also

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Overcooked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Daveq

Broforce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Gauntlet and The Golf Club are great for very different reasons :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I had seen overcooked and broforce before, are they good fun to play!?

The golf games looks like a good change of pace!

• Advertisement

It's great, just like Tiger Woods from the original XBox/PS2 era which my friends and I played a LOT of with a rake of cans. We even had house rules such as the "'AVE IT!" rule which meant you had to take out a wood and hit the ball as hard as you could no matter where you were (green excluded cause you couldn't select anything other than the putter on the green). You could deploy it once per person per 18 holes. So when someone was in the lead and they made an excellent approach, you'd call 'AVE IT! and they'd have to go back the way they came and waste a shot :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I had seen overcooked and broforce before, are they good fun to play!?

The golf games looks like a good change of pace!

Overcooked is lots of fun but you might murder each other :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Small list from my coop tags in steam

Door Kickers
    Broforce
    Duck Game
    Action Henk
    Double Dragon Trilogy
    Fistful of gun
    Golf with your freinds
    Guacamelee 2 games
    Helldivers
    Keep talking and nobody explodes
    Laura Croft Gaurdian of Light and Temple of Osiris
    Lego The Hobbit
    Monaco
    Mortal Kombat about 7 of them
    Octodad
    Overcooked
    Portal Knights
    Stick fight
    NBA Playgrounds
    Fire Wrestling Pro
    Kopanito All Star Soccer
    Gang Beasts
    Door Kicks Action Squad

hmmm small list really

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

https://www.nquake.com/

its a first Person shooter of the game Quake, easily run on a local lan, possibly 30 years old but still a great game my kids and I play here. Its what I first joined these boards for in 1997, when we organised Lan and online games here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Shiminay wrote: »
    Gauntlet and The Golf Club are great for very different reasons :)

I remember when a few friends and I got massively into a Tiger Woods game maybe 12-15 years back. Let's just say we were very ...relaxed... whenever we decided to throw it on.

• Advertisement

Us too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Age of Empires 2 :)

Advertisement