Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I wouldn't be getting the 42mm version battery is tiny, smaller than the Gear S3 which I have and battery is awful, the screen is also the same size on 42mm and 46mm,

I'm using a Huawei GT and battery is amazing, not as good as the Gear S3 overall but still I prefer it for battery alone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

from what I have read from reviews you get 3 days on the 42mm and 4 on the 46 which seems decent to me
    I didn't want a big massive watch on my wrist

42mm is 1.2"
    46mm is 1.3"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I just bought 3 spare chargers (one for beside the bed, one for beside the couch, one for the desk, and one for the car) and I never notice having to need to charge mine (Gear S3). I'd welcome recommend doing it.

I'd look at the new Wear Active too if you don't want anything huge. No rotating bezel but does everything else in a much nicer tidier package. Well under €200 on eglobal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

The 46mm Samsung Galaxy Watch features a 472mAh battery, while the 42mm model has a 270mAh battery. ... The Gear S3 has a 380mAh

Those estimated battery last times are "COULD" last, i.e disabling heart rate monitoring, also charging the watch at night means you don't get the sleep monitor data every night, hopefully they've updated the charger to a fast charger on this model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I have the 42mm and charge it every three days at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

moleyv wrote: »
    I have the 42mm and charge it every three days at most.

I also have the 42mm and I get 2/2.5 days max

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have the 46mm and have to charge it every 2nd day. I keep the screen on at all times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Kiith wrote: »
    I have the 46mm and have to charge it every 2nd day. I keep the screen on at all times though.

Same. Only takes an hour or two before bed for it to be charged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

46mm here, use all features and get 2 days max out of it. Charging is rather slow on the supplied dock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Anyone spotted any deals on these lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I just bought 3 spare chargers (one for beside the bed, one for beside the couch, one for the desk, and one for the car) and I never notice having to need to charge mine (Gear S3). I'd welcome recommend doing it.

I'd look at the new Wear Active too if you don't want anything huge. No rotating bezel but does everything else in a much nicer tidier package. Well under €200 on eglobal.

You have 4 chargers and 'never notice having to need to charge' it. Sounds like you're charging constantly...

Birneybau wrote: »
    You have 4 chargers and 'never notice having to need to charge' it. Sounds like you're charging constantly...

I'm charging when I'm sitting driving or doing nothing, so I never notice HAVING to charge it for low battery because I always keep it topped up. It's always on my wrist and alive when I want it to be and I don't care whether it gets X or Y days battery life because what's the point in letting it run down each time and not having it when you want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭niall5098

Just wondering if anyone ordered and recieved the watch. I ordered one but it got 'lost' in the post. getting a refund now

niall5098 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone ordered and recieved the watch. I ordered one but it got 'lost' in the post. getting a refund now

Ordered one from eglobal that arrived last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

niall5098 wrote: »

yeah I received mine about 4-5 days after ordering and is working perfectly
    actually I forgot to charge it so it is now over 3 days without a charge and still going (42mm)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Raging they removed the 24hr activity widget in the latest update

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I have a galaxy S3 I bought refurbished at Christmas, I can only get a day from mine with average use (watch face off, maybe one training session daily for an hour) any ideas How I can make it last longer?

Advertisement