Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Price Register

Options
  • 05-03-2019 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Who is responsible for the information uploaded on the property price register? I mean the details...address and price.

Addresses are often not uploaded correctly. Is it one of the solicitors involved in the sale that contacts the PPR with details?

I see a recently purchased property that sold below market value. The address that has been uploaded is incomplete, I notice a neighbouring property is now for sale..... Very convenient that the recent sale won't be easily identified by potential buyers.

There seems to be a lot of addresses uploaded with incorrect spelling, no county identified etc. What's the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

All your questions are answered here - https://www.propertypriceregister.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

How quickly is it updated does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

terrydel wrote: »

2-3 months usually but some propertys could take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

"The data is primarily filed electronically by persons doing the conveyancing of the property on behalf of the purchaser"

I see the above. So its the purchasers solicitor? It doesn't definitely state who is responsible.

terrydel wrote: »

Within 2-3 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

The details on the register are got from the revenue who base their address on information given by the solicitor when stamp duty is paid.

The revenue don't have any standard as to what address they get given.

I actually contacted the PRSA about this before as it is ridiculous that the Eircode isn't required which would allow for some proper analysis of the data, but just got back a typical civil service not my responsibly response, useless feckers.

Dear xxx

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email.

The Register is compiled from data which is declared, for Stamp Duty
    purposes, to the Revenue Commissioners. The declaration is primarily filed
    electronically by persons doing the conveyancing of the property on behalf
    of the purchaser. If the Revenue Commissioners collect the Eircode, as it
    forms part of the address, it will appear on the register. I can not say
    whether or not the Revenue Commissioners collect the Eircode or whether or
    not its a mandatory field as part of the Stamp Duty return.

The Authority has no remit to suggest, request or require that the Revenue
    Commissioners collect the Eircode as well or make it a mandatory field,
    whichever the case maybe.

Edit to add this was the email I sent them

I was just wondering given we have a postcode system that is accurate down
    to single property level is there any particular reason it isn't used as
    part of the property price register process and data collection. It would
    be very useful to have and would allow for far better analysis of the data.
    Is there any plans to use it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Who is responsible for the information uploaded on the property price register? I mean the details...address and price.

Addresses are often not uploaded correctly. Is it one of the solicitors involved in the sale that contacts the PPR with details?

I see a recently purchased property that sold below market value. The address that has been uploaded is incomplete, I notice a neighbouring property is now for sale..... Very convenient that the recent sale won't be easily identified by potential buyers.

There seems to be a lot of addresses uploaded with incorrect spelling, no county identified etc. What's the story?

Odd that isn't it? A few years ago I found something like 32 versions of Dun Laoghaire in the PTRB register. Obfuscation in the property market - well who would have thought it? :rolleyes:

2-3 months usually but some propertys could take longer.

It doesn't take anywhere near that length normally.

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Odd that isn't it? A few years ago I found something like 32 versions of Dun Laoghaire in the PTRB register. Obfuscation in the property market - well who would have thought it? :rolleyes:

Someone in PPR must be taking back handers from auctioneers or something. Surely solicitors use the address on the official deeds. How can they then appear altered?

Absolutely agree with the Eircode suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I got outbid on a house last summer, my last bid was €395 told auctioneer if anything changes let me know. Called him about 6 weeks later he said it went sale agreed to other bidder.
    Just looking a price register now it says sale price €361, any idea how this is possible ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Sale price at E361k means either the auctioneers pal bought the house OR someone officially paid E361k with a lump of cash under the table

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Q&A

liam7831 wrote: »
    I got outbid on a house last summer, my last bid was €395 told auctioneer if anything changes let me know. Called him about 6 weeks later he said it went sale agreed to other bidder.
    Just looking a price register now it says sale price €361, any idea how this is possible ?

Two that come to mind:

Sale agreed at a higher price but survey through up some issue. As a result of negotiations a lower price was agreed.

Or (without knowing your circumstances) seller accepted a lower bid from an FTB so was to avoid being part of a chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

liam7831 wrote: »

Property price register is exclusive of VAT in some cases, so add the VAT, sale price goes to €410k.

Could be “cash sale”/no mortgage, buyers sometimes accept a lower cash bid if sale can be wrapped up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jinks

the price register doesn't seem to have been updated since August, does anyone know what's going on with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

jinks wrote: »
    the price register doesn't seem to have been updated since August, does anyone know what's going on with it?

It was updated yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Dav010 wrote: »
    Property price register is exclusive of VAT in some cases, so add the VAT, sale price goes to €410k.

Could be “cash sale”/no mortgage, buyers sometimes accept a lower cash bid if sale can be wrapped up quickly.

I thought it was only new builds that had the VAT left out of the sales price
    All second hand properties should have the full and final sale price disclosed
    As this was 2 bidders the chances are it’s a second hand property

Advertisement