Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP King Kong Bundy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

JR's sentiments on Twitter "RIP King Kong Bundy. His 5 count was my idea..."

I understand now why Vince McMahon ridiculed JR on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

King Kong Bundy didn't have a green tongue. That was George the animal steele.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A legendary big man. Shame he didn't get into the Hall of Fame considering the names that have and are about to.

Remember him being on Married With Children.
    sirmanga wrote: »
    JR's sentiments on Twitter "RIP King Kong Bundy. His 5 count was my idea..."

I understand now why Vince McMahon ridiculed JR on TV.

What he actually said:

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1102961153020440577

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

R.I.P.

Great monster heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

RIP King Kong Bundy
    The man was a legend. For those who haven't seen it his shoot is well worth a watch. One of the best ones I've seen.

Comes off as genuine and tells a lot of interesting tidbits like how Hogan got him into wwe, Andre the giant holding something he said against him and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

was his lack of a HOF nomination due to his part in the head injury lawsuit against the wwe?

Has anyone from that large lawsuit being inducted to it? Will they ever be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dusty bin wrote: »
    was his lack of a HOF nomination due to his part in the head injury lawsuit against the wwe?

Has anyone from that large lawsuit being inducted to it? Will they ever be?

Animal from LOD, Snuka and Orndorff but years before the lawsuit. The lawsuit is from 2016 and was chucked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Read today that only 4 guys who main evented from WrestleMania 1 through 10 are still alive

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

paulie21 wrote:
    Read today that only 4 guys who main evented from WrestleMania 1 through 10 are still alive

Hogan, Bret, Di Biase, Sid and Slaughter.

Mr. T as well if you're feeling generous

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Hogan, Bret, Di Biase, Sid and Slaughter.

Mr. T as well if you're feeling generous

Paul Orndorff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Nal wrote: »

Jesus this guy is some annoying pr!ck.

paulie21 wrote: »

And I think King Kong bundy is the only one of the people from those main events not in the hall of fame. Wait is bob Orton jr in the HOF then ? There's a bit of overlap with some of the main events and people were in multiple ones including hogan wrestling in or being involved in all of them from 1-9.

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Not one of your hottest takes Gerry but I completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And I think King Kong bundy is the only one of the people from those main events not in the hall of fame. Wait is bob Orton jr in the HOF then ? There's a bit of overlap with some of the main events and people were in multiple ones including hogan wrestling in or being involved in all of them from 1-9.

Bob and his broken arm cast are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Bit harsh on The Nal he seems ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Married with Children Bundy family were named after King Kong Bundy.

And the next door neighbors next Marcy & Steve Rhodes were named after Dusty.

bundy.jpg

Bob and his broken arm cast are in.

Old Ace was great in fairness. Take away his WWE run he had a good career before that.

BTW didn't want to make a new thread but unfortunately The Destroyer Dick Beyer has died at the age of 88.

It has amazed me just how many people from the non-wrestling world have reacted to the death of Bundy. Journalists, sports presenters, actors etc, and they nearly all mention the Mania 2 match. It's a testament to how massive WWF was during the Hulkamania era, because Bundy's WWF career didn't really last that long altogether. He was over by association with Hogan, in large part.
    It's also made me realise that most of the people today are not over in the slightest (outside of the wrestling bubble).
    Ask a person who's never seen wrestling to name a wrestler, and even today they'll still say Hogan. What a legacy the man has.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSoTMJGBbvA&t=131s (2d half, wrestlemania hogan/bundy), amazing at the end how many of those wrestlers are now dead. Andre the Giant. Bundy. Junkyard Dog. Davey Boy Smith.... Time passes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement